ALLERGIC !! to ELM !!!

Altissimus

TreeHouser
... this sucks but green or dry wood , or pollen... I'm quite sure ELM is the cause of allergic reactions . I guess it could be worse ... in my area I don't have to climb or cut that many as they are not nearly as predominant as they are , say in western New York ... sawdust is the WORST trigger ..

The sap in black walnuts burns my skin. Trees are trying to develop resistance to tree climbers.

silk oak brings out a bad reaction
in climbers ,
but the only thing that gets me is the damn pollen and anthracnose on the sycamore leaves
never heard of elm causing a reaction
good luck with that,

Pansies.

I'm allergic to pansies.

Actually I am mildly allergic to a few things put my will is stronger than my mighty sneeze.

Benedryl helps :D

I am allergic to live oak. And guess what most of my victims of removal are:roll:
I break out in hives from the leaves and the saw dust burns like all get out.
But I can pull poison oak out by hand :what: Go figure :|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get lots of sneezes and snot it took me a few years to narrow it down to Ulmus ... I'm quite sure of it ...pollen , sawdust are the worst !

:?

i tell ya i dont care about what i got to get thru to do the job, sycamore has me a sneezin and snottin every where,:|:

I've read that platanus species are very irritating to the respiratory system. I've been quarter sawing some sycamore, and it doesn't bother me, not like red oak. Black locust makes me sicker than a dog.

It does the same to me. I have to wear long sleeves and nitrile gloves(latex allergy as well) when I sand or do projects with it.

I never worked with it, but that Brazilian Ironwood is supposed to be nasty. They want you to wear a mask and gloves when you cut it.
If you don't know what it is, it's the wood you see on high end decks and lawn furnature. It's dark, heavy, and harder than nails.

Silk Oak does it for me. I get a poison ivy looking rash. I think with the Sycamores it is the mites on the leaves that is so irritating. I haven't heard of a Elm allergy until now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Feel like it is , couldn't get the Chipper there or the Truck anywheres close so had to forward everything into the woods ... no snots and sneeezez

Back