Wraptor rope question

Burnham

Woods walker
I'm wondering if the Wraptor-specific rope Paul supplies with the powered ascender would be compatible and perform satisfactorily with the Hitchhiker.

Anyone tried it, or know?

Also curious as to the specific characteristics of this rope.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sure, Paul specifies dynamic rope for Wraptor ascent...but relative to what is it stretchy? All arb ropes are semi-dynamic...is this line more stretchy than that, is it more like a rock climbing rope, that is, fully dynamic? Or more similar to Blue Streak, just to pull one example out of the air.

It's a Polyester jacket, Nylon core double braid. Splicable. It isn't a dynamic climb line should work well with the HH. I compare it to any other Nylon core arborist line.

Atlantic braids told me the rope has 7.5% elongation at 10% MBS. I would consider it too stretchy but if you are not using it for ascent as you have a Wraptor it should be OK. I climb on Yale Buzzz line which is far from a performance rope either but I really like it due to being easy to grip. I would be inclined to use an 8mm cord with a Wraptor rope, something like armor prus but have never tried it. Hopefully this evening Ill give it a whirl...

Thanks, Dave and Paul...that's exactly the info I was after.

Paul, do you recall the MBS?

Bee Line works well with it. I find it not as stretchy as some and more than others. Jacket behaves more like Arbormaster, more slickery until fuzzed up, why I have used the bee line with it. I have only used it as a quick Ddrt line in a pinch and a decent line on fig 8. Never tried it SRT yet. I would probably lean away from my Ultra Tech cord as my prussic myself.

You take it, at least somewhat, correctly :).

I have 200' of Wraptor rope, came with my lovely Wraptor. I have a Hitchhiker. I have a couple of nice 11mm nylon dynamic lines, 300' and 400', that seem to be perfectly happy with the Wraptor, and those lengths are somewhat better suited for many of my local trees than the Wraptor line, as access ropes. Not so good as hybrid system SRT ropes, as they are not polyester.

Sooo...looking to see about the possibilities.

Last edited:
Far fewer tresse cords come in multiple diameters than do not, S. An extremely minor bad habit, if it amounts to one at all, my friend.

Back