Wine in a BOX or in a Bottle

Chateau le box....

Headache!

Wine period for me= headache!!

So I can try and get this straight, I'm a bit confused (I haven't been drinking yet:lol:)
hmm is a female, and Jeff thinks he knows her:?
Top thinks he is secure in his manhood:/:
And wine in a box is good if you drink heavy, but no bouqet?
About right?
Man, I need a drink after that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wine period for me= headache!!

So I can try and get this straight, I'm a bit confused (I haven't been drinking yet:lol:)
hmm is a female, and Jeff thinks he knows her:?
Top thinks he is secure in his manhood:/:
And wine in a box is good if you drink heavy, but no bouqet?
About right?
Man, I need a drink after that!

You forgot - that Greg is Jeff or is that Jeff is Greg.

YA female here and have been for all my life, (i just don't always dress the part)

Yes I do.

I have also been able to log two climbs over 100 foot in the past month with some TALENTED lead climbers helping me achive that goal. I even have started to take a pruning saw with me and I hope to learn more about proper pruning. I'll be at the 2009 Southern TCC in LA - so maybe i'll Buy you a beer.

So, I can do the three C's - Cook, Clean and Climb.

an added plus is i have a pickup, a kayak BUT alas no chainsaw.

hmm

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rg1iEBWxVeQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rg1iEBWxVeQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I hauled two boxes of wine up El Cap..........it was good. I ain't no wine snob, we were just looking for a buzz after gettin' skeered all day..

...as long as the carboard/plastic/glass is recycled.

All attempts are made here to be AS GREEN AS I can be. i do recycle, have a mulch pile and conserve in manners that i have controll over.

I was considering visiting the local winery, YES there are winery in Georgia, but i have sampled their products and I do not care for the selections.

TOAST TO ALL

hmm

what is next? BEER:big-piano:

Well now that you mentioned it beer is an interesting subject.Like coffee you can only rent beer,it only stays for so long ya know .

On the subject of conservation and being "green" the water that goes into making beer really never goes any place,just recycled ,sort of .

For example the water that made the Bud I had last night most likely came from Columbus Ohio . The residue of same most likely will end up in lake Erie .
It could evaporate and get drawn into a cloud,of which could migrate over Atlanta Georgia or Littleton Colorado .If conditions are right,it could rain on somebodys parade thus sending a gift from myself to those I greatly admire .;)

For example the water that made the Bud I had last night most likely came from Columbus Ohio . The residue of same most likely will end up in lake Erie .
It could evaporate and get drawn into a cloud,of which could migrate over Atlanta Georgia .

Than that water can be used to Make Sweetwater Brew - Georgia Brown and we Atlanta beer lovers can start the recycle process again.

THANK for sharing Beer Water around the world.

Last edited:
That gives a new meaning to Yellow Rain

There are good wines out of a box. Haven't had a great one yet.

Most people cannot tell a good wine from a good piss. Since we were on the subject.

I will respectful disagree about the carbon footprint of glass vs. cardboard. It takes much less energy to recycle cardboard and to make it initially.

Fred

I can't honestly say that I can compair piss to whine having had no known experiance in the taste of the former .:P

bottle. no question. time in the glass gives wine the bouquet, so says my pops in law who has been making wine (yes from grapes and yeast, carboys, oak barrels and the lot) for about 50 years.

I disagree, The main thing that makes wine mature in the bottle, is oxidation through the bottle.
Since the object with most modern types of white wine is to avoid oxidation at any cost, to preserve freshness and fruit, white wine would do better in an airtight box than in a bottle( unless it is a screwtop).
That winemaker choose to only put the lesser wines in boxes is another matter.
Any red wine that needs maturing, would in my opinion do better in a bottle, for the same reason.
The lesser reds, the more fruity types, made to be drunk here and now, will be just as good in a box, but here again, the winemakers bottle the better ones.

Conclusion, if you are looking for something to drink, buy a box. If you want to savour, get a bottle.
Also just plonking a box down on the table,instead of carefully opening a bottle, takes some ( all ) of the romance out of drinking wine, in my opinion.

If its worth my time to drink it, you won't find it in a box. Otherwise I'd just prefer a good beer or a good vodka soda.

Back