What do you carry

We had one also that was pro armed citizen .

They talk about the period of from about 1885 to just prior to WW 1 .About every gentleman carried a pea shooter .They said it was a time of very polite society .

I can't imagine living somewhere that outlawed guns!

If you have had the right to own guns, then it is taken away, most folks probably feel like the above. If you have never had the right, and have no experience with guns, it is a much less important thing. Lots of folks in the second scenario buy the argument that guns are the cause of crimes.

i was gonna answer but dont want to incriminate myself,
but lets say we run a better than average chance of winning if it comes to unloading a few

I used to Carry for protection in AK against Bears and Vagrants mainly.But here in Norway you cannot carry on the Street.

Unfortunalty some people I met in the States seemed to pack because they must have felt pathetic or intimidated without a gun.No body should be denied the right to self defence,however some people who carry guns think they are wearing a invisible Cape and have super powers.

Still carrying the Walther PPS 9mm along with a S&W 380 BUG.

I've been purchasing some revolvers to try out as carry guns. The S&W BodyGuard 380 is small and fits well in an ankle holster, but I don't like the heavy DAO trigger. The S&W Model 10-5 is too big, but I love the way it shoots. I haven't tried carrying the S&W 642, the Taurus Model 85, or the Taurus UltraLite 38; need to find the right holsters.

Today, I just bought the ultimate carry gun; a S&W Model 340 PD AirLite with Crimson Trace Laser grips. It has the Scandium alloy frame, titanium cylinder and weighs only 12 ounces. Picking it up tomorrow morning, and the guy threw in 100 rounds of CorBon ammo.

S&W 340pd 1.jpg

S&W pd340 2.jpg

Nothing. Never felt the need thankfully, except when a friend and I poorly decided to walk down a dark alley in Chicago at midnight to go a block to the car about 15 years ago. Luckily, it ended okay.

Still carrying the Walther PPS 9mm along with a S&W 380 BUG.

I've been purchasing some revolvers to try out as carry guns. The S&W BodyGuard 380 is small and fits well in an ankle holster, but I don't like the heavy DAO trigger. The S&W Model 10-5 is too big, but I love the way it shoots. I haven't tried carrying the S&W 642, the Taurus Model 85, or the Taurus UltraLite 38; need to find the right holsters.

Today, I just bought the ultimate carry gun; a S&W Model 340 PD AirLite with Crimson Trace Laser grips. It has the Scandium alloy frame, titanium cylinder and weighs only 12 ounces. Picking it up tomorrow morning, and the guy threw in 100 rounds of CorBon ammo.

I've been wanting a 340 for some time, but I haven't run across one yet. I shot a 360 once with full-bore ammo....heckuva handful!!! Have you tried the Diamondback DB380, Brett? Looks like a Glock that got washed and dried. Internally it's somewhat different, but externally it looks like a mini-Glock copy. Mine shoots well. Lots better than the LCP, as far as open sights go. The crimson Trace helps the LCP out somewhat.

You get the 340 new or used?

I haven't tried the DB380; I've heard they had some problems with it.

The 340 is used, but looks like new.

I read some reviews that were less than great, but I also read some positive ones. I've read/heard some trash talk on the LCP, whilst other folk seem to think it's the greatest thing ever. I guess it's personal preference and sometimes getting a lemon.

I hope to run up on a used 340. I'll prolly install a Crimson Trace if/when I do.

The Ruger LC9 is nice, but it's too bulky to fit in a pocket.

Back