Wacker R1000B Compactor

lumberjack

Young man on the go
Is anyone familiar with them? I have a dirt job coming up with a fair sized rental budget for a compactor. Trying to find a machine/attachment that will keep me in budget but pay for a large portion of the machine (gain equipment asset). I've also considered a towed roller, although I would prefer a stand alone machine.

I need to compact 8" lifts, average 2500 sq ft/hr, to 95% standard proctor, 8 hours a day for 10 days. Rental budget is $4k. At 2.5 mph, this compactor could make 17.6 passes per hour, which should offer a large amount of safety margin.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373242960.247680.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yassir... curious if anyone knows anything about the Wacker R1000B as I think I've found one for $4500. Gotta see if they still have it tomorrow.

Haha I figured the House as a long shot, I have it on a couple other forums as well, hopefully I'll get some feedback.

In my typical "start off running" style, my first real contracting job is a ~$90k (time and materials estimate) job clearing for a house/driveway and putting in 5500 yards of fill ($41k in dirt!)

Trying to account for as many variables as possible before we start the dirt side. Saturday they decided to move the house back 35' and clear the under 12" trees out 75' behind that. About a half acre work add, extremely grateful for the work!

Still doing tree work, just diversifying! This job is for a tree customer, we've spent about 190 man hours on this job doing tree work since mid April.

Sold the manly lifter for parts back around the first of the year. Hadn't used it since ~09/10.

Don't forget you can always get a compaction wheel for your excavator. This job just sounds like a dedicated machine would work much better for the volume you have to lay down.

I know the Wacker brand is supposed to be a good, reliable brand. Heard it from a few contracting friends and just from reading about equipment. Beyond that, not much. Knowing you, you'll figure it out!

Those compaction wheels are usually for compacting trenches, Stephen. However, if that ride on machine isn't available, I'm going to look for a towable roller, either a padfoot or sheepsfoot.

Back