Tree ID, Idaho Locust?

That's an interesting link, thanks. I've seen similar here, never thought of doing that.8)

url

Thanks for getting that pic in there from the link, Tree Reb? What is the procedure for pulling the picture. I didn't try anything. Probably a couple simple clicks.

Stig,

You ever turn any Osage Orange? I would think it would have a pretty grain. Don't know how it would take to turning. Mighty hard stuff.

I've never come across it here, except in strips for bow making.

Richard has been busted twice, bringing me wood from Africa. Had to turn it in each time, but no fee.
I have brought old growth redwood home from Cali twice, and Richard sent me a 4000 years old piece of ancient kauri from New zealand.
I think they are more scared of tropical wood, maybe.

've nverdone it but I'd imagine mulberry would look just about like osage orange .I have no idea why they call it a bush because all I've ever seen was a mulberry tree .

Thanks for getting that pic in there from the link, Tree Reb? What is the procedure for pulling the picture. I didn't try anything. Probably a couple simple clicks.

There's a few ways, I just right click View Image Info and copy that to the Insert Image thing, you can see it that way. Doesn't always work, if it doesn't just Save Image As to your desktop and then Insert Image.

I've turned a bit of Osage. Similar open grain to Locust or Oak, and takes on a beautiful nutty brown color with age. I don't recall the hardness being a problem, and it allows crisp details.

Back