Throwpod

This week's update:

I'm hitting my targets more accurately and still haven't gotten it stuck. I know it'll happen eventually but at least twice this week I'm sure I would have gotten a regular bag stuck.

The bounce issue is definitely a big one, but I've also noticed that when pulling your rope back up through a tight crotch you can use the bounce to your advantage. It pops everything through easier.

Beware the spike! You have to pull this thing out very carefully because any amount of whip will impale it. I was making sure everyone knew I was tossing within a much bigger area than usual. They do know I can be a bit erratic with my tosses so I'm sure they were extra scared all week!

Lets see... oh, I did pull it out from about 30 feet, fairly close to a playground slide, and I'm pretty lucky I didn't put a hole in it. I definitely won't chance that again. :D

One of the guys I worked with this week used it too. He likes it enough that he wants me to get him one next time I order from treestuff.

So, I dig it. Didn't use a regular bag all week other than the 20oz to isolate. Still a thumbs up.

Thanks guys.

This thing would be a pretty good candidate for a TreeHouse traveling item.

Marcus, I think if you made one available to send around here you'd see a pretty good return on the freebie. I'd send you guys mine but I'm having too much fun not sucking at throwing as much!

I want 12 and 14. I can't imagine how people make 8 and tens work. I have seen people make them work and I know people swear by them. But a few perfect shots that didnt come down has soured me to the point where I won't go near a ten. Much less an eight.

+1
Unless I use fishing line :lol:

Indeed.

It's an inescapable fact that shorter throw heights can get by with lighter weights, due to the less weight in line between the ground and the limb, that the descending throwbag has to pull up and over...rough bark and limby trees add to the issue, but those can be factors at any height.

So when you hear someone champion an 8 or 10 oz. throwbag, you know they are working in dinky little third rate trees.

:P

;)

:D

Back