The MS150 Has Arrived

I just got one here too...took out the spark screen and thought I'd widen the outlet as well. I want to run it in a bit more first though.

Well I used mine today and the difference is like night and day. The saw was nicely run in and the hole in the exhaust has just given it that much more poke and pickup.

Checked the plug after about 10 minutes of cutting and it was looking sweet, so tuning appears to be correct.

$400 a piece at the county fair tonight. Saw husky 550's for 4 hundred something on clearance also.

Question, when you guys drill out/widen the exhaust outlet, do you still put the deflector cover thingy back over the top of the opening?
I wasn't sure if leaving it off would run the risk of crap getting through the outer cover and drop into the muffler through the now bigger hole?

Good idea to put the outlet cover back on. , screen reinstalled will assure debris doesn't get in.
Cover deflector is a must on those side exhausts to prevent burning holes in your Pfanner pants.

Ha! Actually the exhaust on the 150 exits up, the deflector cover deflects it down.
I left the screen out.

Just the hot saw against my leg (when clipped up) had me checking my Francitals...little thing gets quite warm on a hot day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been really busy guys..

I pop in and read a little.......but haven't had much time to keep up with the forums lately. :(

Oh, BOYS!!! :dur:

I try and censor my replies but every now and then my 'boy mind radar' just doesn't pick up the innuendo, sigh. What's a girl to do...

So randy, deflector cover back on after opening up the muffler hole, or not?

**Stihl MS 150 user's**... make sure and clean your spark arrestor screens, mine was plugged and running like garb.

I opened up the muffler and its like a little rocket now :D

Back