TEREX 730 CHIPPER

Brian do yourself a favor and put a bypass oil filter on that puppy and run Schaefer 9000 oil

Then you will only need to change the oil once a year and will have great lubrication

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okay Paul, will do.. I like that idea, you've mentioned it before. After all, "Everyone has their thing and mine is efficiency." -PCTREE

Word is chipper ships out next week, then we will be together.

Nice.
envy.gif

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
TEREX chipper should be here tomorrow afternoon. Does anyone know anything about doing a 'proper engine break-in' ?

Once it is warmed up, I always idle at high idle, 1200 rpm. afaik that is fine for the machine, if it makes sense to keep it running instead of turning off and starting later.

At a high idle i suppose is fine? My 250xp doesn't have that option, it's all or nothing. I avoid idling over five minutes if possible.

I've heard it's because the oil pressure is to low for to long which isn't great for modern diesels. I'm no diesel mechanic though.

Idling isn't helping seating the rings.

Ive seen numerous new bikes at the track, burning oil. I asked them how do they break it in. "We just let it idle" From there on all my new stuff i run it hard, not an idiot, but run it through the rpm range, without keeping it as a specific range for a long period. Do what you want though.

Also, i don't tend to let anything idle anyways. Diesel fuel washes down the cylinders, plus more likely to get fuel in the oil. Im no mechanic, but my shit runs mint.

Just the break in? I'm sure my Bandit/John Deere manual said somewhere not to idle for more than 3 or 5 min?

Lets hope he has thoroughly reviewed that sick vid you did about the chipper winch being a multitool ;). I'm still not sure I fully understood the techniques in that vid, but I was impressed anyway:thumbup:

Could not find that in MBTV what and where should I look for it? Also looked a week ago for brendonv’s write up of winch install and could not find , where should I look for that? Big thanks in advance.

I think it was titled something like chipper winch, the ultimate multitool ???

Well, you're gonna get to hear that sound any day now, from your own brand spankin new chipper. Congrats, young Jedi!

Back