Stump Grinding & Water Lines: Who's Responsible?

Who's Responsible?

• Total voters
We have a disclaimer as well
"Grind 2 stumps -no clean up- We will not be responsible for any underground installations such as pipes, wires, septic tanks although reasonable care will be taken to avoid damage"
I figure that if the owner wants the stump ground and there is a water line going through it that the stump is more important as water lines are pretty easy to repair. If we see pvc show up in the grinding we tell them we hit a line and they may want to fix it soon! If it is a main line we shut the water off at the street and then tell them. Anything the locate company fails to locate is their problem, any lines marked through the stump and we tell people we will only be able to go below grade

Here, the contractor is legally required to have all utilities located prior to any excavation work.

The locate company pays for anything miss located. The grinder pays for anything properly located that they hit or if they didn't call in the locate. Homeowner pays for anything not covered by the locate.
Here a locate is only good for 10 days, you need to re locate after that to maintain protection

Butch, We have 811 here in Slidell. I am pretty sure it is offered throughout the whole state? I agree with whatever company didn't mark should be responsible for the damages. I sub my stumps and like the waiver idea for homeowner installed.

Here is the website
http://www.laonecall.com/

Back