Stihl 14" & 16" light bar

I just got off the phone with the local dealer. He said they don't carry them in Canada because there was little demand for them, as the weight reduction (30%) was not a big enough selling factor. The bars are apparently significantly more expensive. Only in the USA I guess.

Stuff like that I just shop on line for. If I go in my dealer here and ask for an E Lite bar, I get the deer in the head light look ... They can't hardly operate a computer to get the Stihl IPL on the screen and then search through it. Sooooooo
For example.. I asked for 3 starter pawls for my 046.... I had lost one in the gravel yesterday putting in a new starter rope. I was supposedly handed three in different envelopes. I went to the register and started to consolidate them... One envelope empty, one wrong, one right... I went back into the stock room and pulled them myself :lol:

Surprising as it might seem some dealers just aren't familiar with looking up parts .I generally look them up myself prior to going to the shop .However as it's been stated a zillion times all dealers are not equal .

Often you can't blame someone for not knowing a part or repair method, they can look it up, but when they get the I don't know and I'm not really interested either look, it makes you wonder. I had that with a broken saw recently. So what if the shop employee was maybe in diapers when the model came out.

Back