Spurs

colin-roberts

Young Arborist
Selling some climb right spurs with l pads. Used maybe 5 times not the direction I'm going. Looking for trades mostly. Will put cash up for right trade. Ontario Canada. Interested in helmets and rigging gear mostly

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Raj I'm never around Simcoe anymore.. but I can meet up with you if your interested send me a message. I travel to brantford enough too. Master blaster , removals arnt my business goal anymore we are going more to pruning and planting..

Up here take downs our the gravy for my competition with cranes and bucket trucks. We really don't have much right access areas. Just not our thing, doing well at planting and pruning instead

Sometimes its all about finding your nitch. I had a few mowing clients fall into my lap because I can bag and haul away the clippings, which most local commercial outfits will not do, I don't really like it, but it has been working out well for me. Sounds like you have found that your nitch doesn't include removals. :)

Personally I prefer the removals, spike in, cut down, clean up, go home. I'm never really sure where I should cut for pruning and trimming. Pruning at ground level.

The problem with correct pruning is that most clients don't care, they want the tree to get a "decent hair cut" and that's what they want. You can waste so much time trying to educate clients on correct techniques, all you get is blank stares back at you. Some will nod and agree with what your saying but then when the job is done they will complain that you didn't take enough off - they were never listening in the first place.

I always tell them a tree trim is like a haircut. When done correctly, no one even notices. :drink:

Then I tell them (in my head) to leave me the eff alone.

I am getting rid of Climb Rights too...I prefer Bashlins...anyone in Oz want to buy a nearly new pair of Climb Rights?

Bermy, I would possibly be interested if they would adjust to my leg height.The only killer would be postage at a guess for me. for a first time buyer would they be good for the odd bit of gaff work?

Raj I'm never around Simcoe anymore.. but I can meet up with you if your interested send me a message. I travel to brantford enough too. Master blaster , removals arnt my business goal anymore we are going more to pruning and planting..

A better business model.

Around here, few carve that niche, and trees grow fast and big. I have too many people that would want pruning plus removals all done by one company, and don't really want to contract out stumps seperately. I don't like grinding.

I would consider saving spurs for a storm. Money to be made when everyone is too busy, crane and buckets or no cranes and buckets.

Such a vital climbing tool I couldn't imagine a tree co operating without at least one set- even if the primary purpose is just to be on hand for aerial rescue. What about large jobs that are 90% pruning and 10% td?

I've thought about keeping them for the contracts with a removals and storms. You guys may laugh but 33 percent planting, 4 percent removal, rest pruning/ cut & drop. Ye I'm a small company and that's based on quick books data

Bout as rural as it comes. Any trees planted near houses here mostly are 40' max. Average lot Is acre plus. More trees going in the ground then coming down by far. Lots of farmers fields being turned into sub divisions.

Hey Wood Collector...I have the Climb Rights set as small as they go for me, so there is Plenty of room for them to go bigger. They come with new straps and old pads, I'll post a picture later today. Postage would be about $17 - $20 AUD, I'm only over the water in Tasmania!

Back