Ok so why is this forum better than arborist site ?

• Thread starter itsmyblood
  • Start date
  • Replies 234
  • Views 40K
And it all carries well into our face-to-face get-togethers, too. I've had the pleasure of meeting MANY on this forum, and have enjoyed the company of all. Even the commie libs. :lol:

The get togethers have been outstanding. It's weird because we all know each other so well, yet we've never met and may not recognize each other at first.

I think most forums take on many of the personality traits of the administrators. Butch has always treated everybody with respect as long as they don't act like a fool. That atmosphere has carried through the forum. I think Tom Dunlap considers himself more of a teacher, so Treebuzz takes on more of a classroom atmosphere. And we all have seen how Darin treats his forum members and how that has evolved. I don't need to badmouth him because it doesn't matter anyway, but he has gotten as much respect as he has given.

It can be easy to argue and fight over the internet, sometimes it's fun. My impression is that once you are here for a bit, you get the understanding that the place as a whole is valuable enough to be worthy of adhering to some rules of courtesy and respect. It might even cause some behavioral changes.

Those guys that say things online that would get their mouths mashed face to face are the ones that stir the pot on most forums. It doesn't matter to me if I'm standing in front of a guy or ten states away, I'm inclined to be the same way. I don't want to forget to treat folks the way I would like for them to treat me just because I can't see them. I've meet a lot of guys at GTGs as well, and hope to meet a lot more.

Excellent post, Stephen; brought back some memories, and had me smiling. I missed out last year due to a scheduling conflict; hopefully this year won't meet the same problem.

Missing the flip fest is still bumming me out a bit. When I was flipping up that gray pine the other day... it kept coming to mind.

The kids still talk about it. Probably be telling their children about it.

Seven pages,
No moderation.
No fights.
Nobody arguing over who can piss the farthest.
Nobody threatening to leave.
Nobody crying they are going to cry to the owner/moderators to ban people that disagree with them.
This isn't that place. I offered up the link in hopes of people finding a site that was more value added, and hoped the people that saw it would be able to appreciate the people and the site for what it is, and can be. Not for what it is better or different than other sites.
I hope I wasn't mistaken and helped spread the "disease" that seems rampant in other forums to this one. This isn't "that place", this isn't "the other place" this is what it is. A nice bar you can go to after you've worked all day and hang out with good people. Nothing more, nothing less.
Please don't make me look like more of a fool than I normally do making me regret trying to give people a nice place to be.
Sorry.
I'm back out again.

Sorry, the AS Exodus has created new forums, I posted links, because I could, to other tree and chainsaw related sites.
I'm not sure now, that it was a good idea.

Back