Need help with my 201T upgrade kit

I'll look into that chain, are there an other numbers? What does the 63 stand for? The whole chain stuff is a bit of a mystery for me.

14" bar jed

Yeah, but it still pumped chips through like there was no tomorrow... Whatever it is that you're up to when you're filing... Don't change up. Unless you want to make the jump to 63ps which has a full corner. (Most of the pico chain that all of us arborists use is semi-chisel--it has a slightly rounded or chamfered corner on the cutting edge between the side and top plates.) The full corner (which, for all I know, may well be what is already on your saw) is touted to have much better numbers in the chip-flow tests; but in all honesty, most of my arb friends really don't seem to notice a difference at all. What they are not big enough nerds to know, is that you can actually fit a Bailey's "Goof File" in there to give it a dirty little square grind. Now THAT chain shovels chips down like a rabid wood pig. ;)

Or.... Just keep at what you're up to because it's obviously working.

Cool little vids.

Mick like Jed said don't change anything. You had that bar nose buried and it was still falling through that big hardwood.
Definately would have slowed my old 200 to a stall if I tried that.

Stihl introduced that chisel Picco chain about the time they brought out the 201. Thye were hoping the 20% increase in the chains cutting speed over the old Picco would compensate for the equal ammount of power loss the 201 had.
But of course most arbs aren't chainsaw nerds and didn't catch that.:)

Mick like Jed said don't change anything. You had that bar nose buried and it was still falling through that big hardwood.
Definately would have slowed my old 200 to a stall if I tried that.

Stihl introduced that chisel Picco chain about the time they brought out the 201. Thye were hoping the 20% increase in the chains cutting speed over the old Picco would compensate for the equal ammount of power loss the 201 had.
But of course most arbs aren't chainsaw nerds and didn't catch that.:)

:lol: HA! Man, this one did! I just downgraded my 201 from a 16 to a 14" bar. Man, I got that thing on there and thought, "Man, this pig cuts like a champ now." :lol:

I knew a few pulpcutters who ran 14" bars on their Husky 162's back in the late 1970's.
Everyone else was running 16"-18 and the 14" guys were usually out producing everybody.

I like the 16" on my 372 and 272XP''s doing ROW work. Super hyper:D

Yeah, Bailey's just came out with another sale on a new OEM jug and piston for $100. I think I'm gonna get one.

Uh.... Yeah Matt... You have to adjust to a 14" inch bar. That's the consensus on the new strato top handles: 14 is the new 16. :(

Back