Minimalist SRT base-tie, single biner, lowerable

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fine on that tree. If it was smooth, wet bark it COULD be different, but I think that it if survives the bounce test of the re-direction point, its good to go. I was working solo yesterday, so it was only my weight bounce testing.

Don't need a LD, save the POW for lowering. Compact to the tree, not heavy like a POW which want to sag the line a bit when tension is let off.

I think that a lot of rescue teams should understand a Munter or M-M-Oh.

Seems like the downside is a Munter hitch twists the rope, so after the rare, rare scenario of a climber having to get lowered out of the tree in an emergency, somebody will have to unhockle the rope. NBD.

As mentioned, make sure that the rope is long enough. The standing end as the anchor will ensure that someone isn't lowered off the end of the rope through the Munter. But that won't happen if the rope is long enough.

Hmm. That's inventive. Did you come up with that? I wonder about the resetting of the mule with weight of a climber. Seems like it would cinch down pretty tight and give the injured climber a bit of a bounce.

Back