Love in the air

rbtree

Climbing Up
Well, almost. Maybe next time! I will be on the lookout!

<iframe width="960" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Kpz-9oiRsGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

While driving, I spotted two circling bald eagles. Pulled over, broke out the new to me 500 super telephoto. Turns out there were 5 of them, including two juveniles, circling ever higher. Soon, they started coming closer, with occasional extended talons. I began hoping I'd be getting to film them locking talons, and plunging, spinning, while locked in the death spiral love embrace

These shots are all cropped a fair bit, as the eagles weren't close..and were circling ever higher and moving away. Plus, handholding a nearly 18" long lens which is effectively 800mm (16 power) which lacks internal Stabilization" is no easy task. I've already ordered a lens plate, needed to mount it to my tripods.

Great pics, Roger.
I got an eagle trhough a new lens of sorts last week.
I'd just picked up my new ( courtesy of zeiss) binoculars at the store and driven home.
On the way down my driveway I noticed a grey eagle over the house, so I whipped out the new binocs and enjoyed looking at it as it circled higher and took off over the forest.
Quite the way to break in a new pair of binocs:)

I took down trees beside a lake today and was supervised by a bald eagle 200 yards away. Last week I saw several eagles each day. One day there were three on the ice at one lake and then another day I saw this loner at another lake. In the second picture you can see white pines in the background across the lake. I kid you now when I say those pines are some monsters. I took down 4 of them last year and my avatar is the pile of 12 footers from those four. Big bastards.