ITCC

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2K
W

Widow Shooter

Congrats to Scott" the legend" Forrest and Chrissy Spence for taking 1st at the ITCC world Championships in Australia :)

good to see some fellow Commonwealth folks take it all 8)

good job Kiwi's!!

I'm vexed at my timing...I spend what, half the year in Oz and I MISS the ITCC because I'm poncing with tiddler trees in Bermuda!!! :what: I have yet to see any kind of climbing competition...one of these days

Bermy, I have been to two chapter TCCs and three local ones (primers to the chapter one), good fun as a viewer and as a volunteer. The camaraderie of competitors is pretty cool as well, not sure if thats local or not, I have a feeling its not just local.

When I get back to Oz, I'm going to see what's going on around the state, there is nothing in Bermuda, not unless I were to organize something myself...maybe next spring...hmmm.

:what: I have yet to see any kind of climbing competition...one of these days

Congrats to the winners!

Bermy, put that on your bucket list.

I wonder if the guy with the dreads, the one that invented the expensive climbing saddle climbed? What is his name? I can't think of it. He is a part of treemaginneers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
that would be Bernd" Beddes" Strasser, I'm sure he was there, but was well out of the running, along with Mark C, and some other faves.

Bermy, I have been to two chapter TCCs and three local ones (primers to the chapter one), good fun as a viewer and as a volunteer. The camaraderie of competitors is pretty cool as well, not sure if thats local or not, I have a feeling its not just local.

I watched the western chapter TCC a few years back and that's what I noticed also Paul. One guy was having trouble with his pulley or something and the rest of them all jumped up and started helping him.

Cool. Second to last chapter competition up here we had someone stuck at the US/Canada border after his ride got refused entry, 2 guys drove the 2 or 3 hours south in the middle of the night and got him then gave him a ride up to the comp, if I remember correct, they didnt even know the guy.

Every comp I'v been to in the UK has had an excellent spirit of camardarie (if thats how you spell it) and I imagine that they are the same the world over.

I'v been involved with a fair few over the last 5-6 years, both competing, judging/tech ing and organising.

Back