Husqvarna Fuel line Install Tip

GrappleYarder

TreeHouser
Pulled out our 395xp last spring and it wouldn't start? I had used a fuel stabilizer before storage? Saw would run occasionally on partial choke, rebuilt the carb, same thing. Just not getting fuel? Pull the carb again, this time the fuel line breaks showing how rotten it was. Fuel line let go over the winter for a spring mystery.

Anyhow, my tip is using a length of 0.080" grass trimmer line to lead the new line into the gas tank. The new Husqvarna fuel line is coiled like a pigs tail and has to feed through two holes, the upper case and the tank outlet (blindly).

I just stuffed the trimmer line into the fuel line for a few inches then using a 2' length lead the fuel line through the casing and tank from the top. Pull gently on the trimmer line through the tank filler hole and push from the top with pliers on the fuel line.

Note the pic is of the old (cracked) line as the new one was installed.

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

Whatever gets you through the night. Good ingenuity. I've had problems getting hoses into tanks, and there are some through a grommet kinds that are hell to reach.

To make it even easier. Slit the fuel line at a angle for a inch or so. Once fed through (makes going through the tight fit holes much easier).
Just clip that part off with straight cut once pulled through all the way to where needed..

Can’t find any other fuel line threads to put this in but, just learned that Tygon will be coming out with another fuel line hopefully in March after EPA hurdles (Tygon LP1200.)

I use it for the old Poulan 25 variants. Tygon 4040A fails in 5 months or so, LP 1100 which I just got a role of is supposed to “de-laminate” and cause problems when changing out fuel filters after a time. It’s a bit stiff too. LP 1200 is supposed to be the wonder child. Or so says the tech guy I talked to.

Back