Hunting 2013

I forgot that I did do some grouse hunting last fall. I was getting my sight picture trigger squeeze ready for fur hunting. Popped one of their heads off at around 35 yards from kneeling with my 223 .

Yes, thank you. He's not a book bou, but he is nice and I'm very happy with him. He ate pretty good. Got him last fall. Still got some chops left. The hunt was great and the kill couldn't have been better

Ah, like it CL, wish I could get up there for a hunt someday!

Them grouse are tasty birds, got me a couple sooty blue grouse last year and plenty of mountain quail

Mountain quail in the sierra nevada mts

Thanks CL, nor cal has some nice land, but I think Id rather be Bou hunting in Alaska ;)

The annual cold camping trip for elk will start the end of October for me. Until then, we are busy with black bear and grouse. Deer will open mid October.

Next year we are moving to Muzzleloaders for elk. Wife coming along for the trip. Warmer temps, and earlier in the season, when the elk are at the end of the rut. One year we'll try bow hunting for them as well. :)

Gary

I've Bowhunted them several times. Once you try it, your hooked! I cannot wait to make it happen again.

You guys that hunt Bears, have you ever eaten or drank some little dark thing in the kidney(?), that is supposed to give you a real jolt of energy? Especially if you are sick or down or something, it is going to really give you a rush. Some guy was telling me about it yesterday, says you dilute it in a cup of water. Has a bitter taste. Said that it really worked for him, a small piece of it. Apparently they have synthesized it, but not as good as the real thing. People will really pay to get it. For real, I wonder? Also said to beware of people selling fakes, probably a little amphetamine mixed with who knows what?

Of course Asians will believe in anything if they hear that it increases your sex prowess. I had a little Chinese Kung Fu teacher that had a technique for in bed, a kind of forced breathing thing. I thought to myself that it would likely freak out your partner, at least the first time.

Yes, MB, for about a year, crane style. It's cool. I like the sweep move, quite easy to knock someone off their feet that isn't prepared, and most aren't. What to do in tight quarters like a crowded bar, the teacher had some good practical things to show, other than fighting on a movie set. :lol: Small Chinese guy, ex San Francisco cop. Tough little mf, he was always packing heat as well, like if we went out for a bite to eat.

I found out that the Bear energy spot is in the digestive region of the animal, not the kidney. They have a name for it. I asked a neighbor who was the go to guy when Bears came into town, before giving up his guns. The organ or whatever it is, he said that it is a few inches across, and tastes absolutely terrible. He couldn't stomach it, so he always gave it away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im not aware of this organ, or atleast what it does for humans. Sounds gross, but not as bad as the idiots on TV last night eating their own placenta.

There ain't much in or on a bear that I want to eat. They are pretty gross. A berry bear can be OK to eat the meat. But I'll only eat it if I've canned it. As in can or jars. I'm hoping I don't have to kill one this week or next. Got one hangin around our cutting.

I found out that the Bear energy spot is in the digestive region of the animal, not the kidney. They have a name for it.

Bear Bile.

Bear bile farming is one of the worst animal cruelty trades going, banned in most countries but still going in a few. http://www.wspa-international.org/wspaswork/bears/bearfarming/

The bile is harvested by making a permanent hole or fistula in the bears' abdomen and gall bladder.

As the hole is never closed, the animals are suspect to various infections and diseases including tumours, cancers and death from peritonitis.

The bears are fitted with an iron vest, as they often try to kill themselves by hitting their stomach as they are unable to bear the pain.

Do an image search for "bear bile farming" if you'd like to see what some people will do for money. I won't post a picture, it makes me sick.

I'd heard of that, Steve, and the cruelty, but I'm not really sure if it is the same thing. I have never heard of animals kept in this country for that purpose. When I was in Hong Kong, just walking through the open street markets, you see animals being kept in a way that is rather depressing. The Chinese seem to not have much of a conscience about that.

That's it alright, you can buy it in a lot of countries where bears aren't kept captive.

BearBile3_thumb.jpg

People should click on that WSPA link.

Back