Hulk Roller Coaster hits bird at Islands of adventure

• Thread starter Forester Parts
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 1K
Birds get hit by moving vehicles every day. The highways are littered with them (until the buzzards and other scavengers clean up the mess).

And people go to Kentucky fried chicken everyday as well.
I fail to see the difference.

.<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3kduwIo7S40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've never hit/seen hit or a bird carcass on the road. It must be a Fla thing.

Poor bird!

Really?...jeez, I can recall several instances of bird strikes with my own vehicles. I turned a crow into a cloud of feathers when it crossed paths with the radio antenna on my work truck at 60 mph, and left the stainess steel shaft in a U. Had a marsh hawk (harrier) fly into the leading edge of the hood of my brand new Tundra at 75 mph, another cloud of feathers and a decent sized divot in the sheet metal. I've pulled 2 or 3 songbird carcasses out of the grill of my rigs over the years.

And I see roadside kills with plenty of regularity in my travels.

I remember a crushed windshield on a tree planting contractor's crummy years ago...hit a great horned owl at 70+ mph on the freeway on the way to meet me, in the pre-dawn hours.

When going to purchase my stumper last weekend I nearly hit a turkey at 70 at windshield level. That would have made a mess. As it was, it just grazed the antenna. Whew!

I've hit countless birds in my time. I hit a small owl once, bad juju, been looking over my shoulder ever since.

Back