How'd it go today?

Mmmmmm beer! I am a Fat Tire man myself. As far as I'm concerned it is the nectar of life, especially after a hard day of climbing.

Monkey, you are a rebel that is out of control.... and IIII like it. Keep up the good work old man.:P

You see, you folks from about the Rockies to the West Coast, have it made from the mass-marketed varieties of small run brews. Here You have to really go farther North(DC onward) or farther South,(OBX is spotted with an occasional brew pub, as is the Hampton Roads area, but nothing really that good)more or less from South Carolina on down.

That musta have been a kool looking a spraining. Made 500 today home by 2:00. Lord forgive me foer a working on a Sunday. Logs stacked for logger, brush stacked for chipping with a new holland 185 meh friends got. MB if your foot dont heal, you could just have them lift you with the crane, but youalready do that. No problem then feet not necessary.

Mmmmmm beer! I am a Fat Tire man myself. As far as I'm concerned it is the nectar of life, especially after a hard day of climbing.

P

Fat Tire is what caused me my grief. Fat Tire broke me of my Goose Island habit. It was a race down hill from there.

Who and Where?

Someone else close would be swell.

For a co in Calistoga called Pacific Tree Care, Joe Schneider I believe started the company after leaving John Britton tree service, but I spoke with Jake (his son) who is running the operations.

I met Joe Schneider at a workshop (CAA, I remember frans was there, but didn't make the connection at the time) and was really impressed, and he told me if I needed work to give him a call. So I did.

jp:D

sweet youll be near frans and deva! i used to work down there to. think ive met joe a few times, little guy with shoulder long hair? good luck!

For a co in Calistoga called Pacific Tree Care, Joe Schneider I believe started the company after leaving John Britton tree service, but I spoke with Jake (his son) who is running the operations.

I met Joe Schneider at a workshop (CAA, I remember frans was there, but didn't make the connection at the time) and was really impressed, and he told me if I needed work to give him a call. So I did.

jp:D

I sincerely hope you get the money you deserve. I do know that he pays health and stuff like that

Jp work for yourself dude. Looked at these lightening struck pines yesterday.
Besides Frans calls me a turtle but it is he who is the turtle.

These were meh first possible crane job in a couple years.
Super dead and lightenign struck. I quoted 8 grand on these two trees.:D
Problem is I'm not sure the limitations of a 40 tonner.

And pics of a freshly struck. No beetles yet in this one.

DuPont called today, the physical and background check went good, and I'm hired. Start on the 14th.
Kinda bittersweet really. I'll be a part time tree guy I guess.

Well I screwed up yesterday morning. Glad I don't have a camera currently to post a picture. I had a brand new blade on my Zubat and had already commented to a buddy the other day how the new blades aren't broken in until they draw blood. Well, I got myself good on the top of my right index finger just below the first knuckle. I got through at least 2 layers of flesh and might have knicked a tendon, as it is very difficult to push a chainsaw file with that hand. I taped it up and worked the entire day with it. Had to change the blood soaked bandage at lunch and it was soaked again when I cleaned it up last night. Today I used butterfly closures but they came off due to sweat and movement. It's just about stopped bleeding, hopefully it will close up tonight and not get ripped open again tomorrow.

I honestly have a love/hate relationship with Zubats. They have hurt me more than any chainsaw ever has.
:whine:

Congrats Jonny,
I have 19 years in at a manufacturing shop. Sucks not working out side, but it is steady which helps pay bills. And benefits are nice to.

Of course! Thanks John, I never would have thought of it by myself. My last tube of super glue dried up on me about a month ago but my neighbor just gave me a tube. All glued together now, I can take a shower without tearing it open again. :)

Well I screwed up yesterday morning. Glad I don't have a camera currently to post a picture. I had a brand new blade on my Zubat and had already commented to a buddy the other day how the new blades aren't broken in until they draw blood. I
I honestly have a love/hate relationship with Zubats. They have hurt me more than any chainsaw ever has.
My dear pappy got himself with one of those razer sharp SOB's a couple of years ago.He was over 80 at the time and on blood thinners,damn.It worked out ok as my sister the Dr of pharmacy is also a registered nurse and only lives about a half mile away.She butterflyed it .On a rather comical note,looking back on it,the old man had just sharpened it and was kind of bragging about it,he could sharpen any thing.

Well I screwed up yesterday morning. Glad I don't have a camera currently to post a picture. I had a brand new blade on my Zubat and had already commented to a buddy the other day how the new blades aren't broken in until they draw blood. Well, I got myself good on the top of my right index finger just below the first knuckle. I got through at least 2 layers of flesh and might have knicked a tendon, as it is very difficult to push a chainsaw file with that hand. I taped it up and worked the entire day with it. Had to change the blood soaked bandage at lunch and it was soaked again when I cleaned it up last night. Today I used butterfly closures but they came off due to sweat and movement. It's just about stopped bleeding, hopefully it will close up tonight and not get ripped open again tomorrow.

Sorry Brian, I can't help but feel partly responsible... beware the Silky!

Back