How'd it go today?

Looks to be a rough neighbourhood. Don't forget to lock the fuel tanks.

I'm selling a quad today! Pretty stoked as I'm thinking I'll use the funds to buy a fishing boat. Then with my own proper boat, fish won't stand a chance!
I'm pretty sure the fellow is buying it as he texted me at 7:00am to let me know how excited he was. Lol.

A proper boat is even more important than proper bait!!

When a fisherman in a photo is holding a big huge fish, it is always the boat I pay most attention to...:lol:

"with my own proper boat, fish won't stand a chance!"

I said something like that once, the fish got it around the other way some how.

Just a bit of trimming and stuff for an old client today, been going there for a long time. About the only one left in that area now, the old houses are going fast. :(

A proper boat is even more important than proper bait!!

When a fisherman in a photo is holding a big huge fish, it is always the boat I pay most attention to...:lol:

Lol. Unfortunately in my local you aren't catching much for summertime fish without a boat and down riggers. Fish go deep and most all streams are closed due to drought.

Also we have some beauty lakes around here that I'd love to putz around on and explore. And lastly, I'm married. If I don't take this toy money and re-invest in a toy pronto it'll all evaporate into nothing.

"Also we have some beauty lakes around here that I'd love to putz around on and explore. And lastly, I'm married. If I don't take this toy money and re-invest in a toy pronto it'll all evaporate into nothing."

I hear you. I have to move my MDK ( momma don't know) funds on a weekly basis or she can smell it out. After that it get reinvested to nothingness also.

At least you guys made some money for the little lady to steal from you today. My day was a bit of a fail...

[=CONFIG]62492[/ATTACH] unnamed.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 37
Doggies Jed, what happened?

Darn thing was just a big piece of Cauliflower really (Portuguese Laurel). I was really careful to remove all the limbs on the house side so that I wouldn't scratch anything in the fall. I further roped the stem to the butt so that when it fell of of the 4.5' retaining wall, the darned thing wouldn't flip over and hit the house with the butt. What I didn't see coming is the stupid thing doing a pendulum swing into the stinkin house. :X The limbs I removed having made a void for the rest of that pig to sit over on.

Minor scratches really, plus the job looks like it'll come in underbid enough to well pay off the painter, so the boss isn't even the least bit ticked. I'm just super ticked at myself.

I should probably start by own thread entitled, What We Can All Learn from the Inbread Folk.

Just got my conformation on a buy out, a pair of bc1250's Bobcat 453 with out motor and tons of gear. Much of it not things I truly needed but way too good of a deal to pass up. Post some pictures in the am when we go get it all :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yah congrats!

I just sold my one quad. 2009 sportsman 800X2. Not a word of a lie such a clean low mileage machine the guy didn't even test ride it. I encouraged him to but at 824 miles and 93 hrs he was like 'nope'. He paid me in cash and the first riding he did was backing it out of my shop and loading it and gone. It was a nice machine but I had no real use for it. I have a Suzuki King quad ,'03 with the mighty 330cc's of power, which suits me just fine.

Now, where to hide the money!

Laugh my ass off, nope she's not a climber. I took her on a local ropes challenge course and she had to get rescued. Lol.

I took pics too I was already a station ahead when she got stuck. The kid who 'rescued' her looked like he was 15. I wish I could find those pics. Sky trek by Three Valley Gap in BC is where it happened. A tourist type thing but a really cool ropes course, they had one 'station' that was riding a skateboard from one platform to another on cables and If you fell you were just caught by the zip line you were attached to and shot along to the next platform anyhow. They had some cool long zips too.

Stripped and chipped a 100' doug-fir today. High in the mid 90's. Coolvest for the win. I was able to back the chipper right up to the pile I made. Chipped about 4-5 yards, drag of only 10-15' max. Some 0. Was able to free fall all but 12 limbs. Some speedlining from over the garden took care of that after a wraptor ride. Tomorrow, I'll wraptor back to the top, chunk it down, and cut up firewood. Little raking.

Had a guy come down looking for a job from a local logging outfit working a few lots down the road. A little spur and lanyard climbing experience. No roping.

Two tours in Afganistan. They had coolvests, or the like, there.

I was thinking of trying to recruit some vets...used to chain of command and doing as their instructed, hopefully.

Well... so far so good. Between 2 climbers and an extra ground man. Then add the big chipper, the jobs are rolling along better now. Hell, I might even start taking maintenance days or sumptin.

Back