High Tides And Paddle Boarding.

The Menai Straits have some notorious currents. My Dad did a drift dive there a few years ago.

Excellent derail by the way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty lethal place if you don't know what your doing, whirlpools in deep water and suchlike.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lmPKmZ9hVYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm more the placid still-water type.

You should try stand up paddle boarding, Gerr. In placid water it is not hard at all but a lot of fun and great exercise. I know your foot is a challenge, but if it sounds interesting you should give it a try. Good way to take in nature, too.

And even through it is a good workout, its kinda (god forbid) gentle cuz its water based, you're pushing against water

John, that Green River is some crazy schat!! My hat off to you if y'all were doing that run. Chattooga section 3 and Nantahala were my speed in my Lettman Mark IV back in the 70's.

These days I use it in the Okefenokee Swamp or to run safety for our dive team:

Attachments

• tankbridge_008.jpg
    tankbridge_008.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 34
  • tankbridge_015.jpg
    tankbridge_015.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 34
  • tankbridge_016.jpg
    tankbridge_016.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 34
Yep....in the early 70's a friend and I used to drive to Anderson, SC, and buy the shells from a man that had a mold for them. We would either re-sell the shells with the stuff and directions to finish them or just finish them and sell the finished product.

They were inlaid with Kevlar strips for strength and have held up well over the years...high volume boat but it has done well for me.

Back