here's one for the adrenaline junkies

murphy4trees

TreeHouser
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J2N7VoszupA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I dove from the cliffs at ricks cafe when I was 16... only once though.. wouldn't go anyehere near the edge of the cliff after that..

Awesome! Ha, when I was 12 my mom and one of her friends took us to Jamaica. We spent an afternoon at Ricks Cafe, and I will never forget it.

Beautiful physique, strength, technique, presentation.

Can't say too much for the tree, however. He is trusting some wood there that is suspect.

Very cool place...

Saw The Grateful Dead in Jamaica , many others as well...big three day (and night Fest) ....Peter Tosh murdered less than a year later...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didya do a swan dive there murph?

tried.. must not have looked too pretty though....

early felt like I was going to over rotate and land on my back, then about 1/4-1/3 of the way down I panicked and blacked out. Came too just before I hit the water... swam hard for the surface and that first breath... then in the "WTF just happened" moment, realized I hit the surface so perfectly, I didn't even have a red mark or tingle on my forehead... Got quiet after that and no one ever mentioned how it looked.

One of my buddies dove too, and looked like he was going to over rotate, kicking his legs like he was riding a bike all the way down. Would have looked funny of it wasn't so scary. After my dive I was so shaken up, I wouldn't even go near the edge of the cliff.

10 years later I was telling the story to a fried who suggested that when I passed out, an angel may have come into my body. Made sense to me, otherwise how did I go from feeling like I was over rotating, to a perfect entry? DO you believe in angels?... I've had enough of these type of experiences to make me a believer, really the only reasonable explanation for my survival.

Those are casuarinas...dead ones really don't make good diving platforms...it could snap in 5 minutes or 5 years...hope they are watching for the signs!

Yup...Australian pines aka Casuarina, imported to the Caribbean and now a problem as invasives. I have gone to their point of origin to try and eradicate the source of the pestilence ;)

See my pics last year from clearing them off cliffs in a nature reserve in Bermuda!

Back