Happy Veterans Day

Ha! That's cool, Butch. There was a diner in Crescent City that did the same for Vets. Terri and I had breakfast and they asked if I was a Vet. There after it was on the house. I did not go there knowing that. It was a total surprise, and I thought it was so cool. The waitress got a big tip, too. Such gestures in life revels that there is hope for humanity.

There's a little Mom and Pop cafe in Mendocino called Cultured Affair- a little hole in the wall that serves simple lunches like salads and soups and pasta dishes. She does all the cooking and he runs the joint. Good quality food. They are offering free lunch to any vet all weekend, Sat, Sun, and Monday. I sure hope this kind gesture brings in extra business for them because they are always struggling to keep it going. What an honorable way to show their thanks.

No way, Butch! The only chain restaurant here is Dennys and it's real bad. This is The Sticks! But I'm about to go cook my Vet a rib eye with sauteed mushrooms and asparagus.

Northern Cali is very rural, Butch. Nothing like SoCal.

The State of California must be divided at the Bay. And the north shall have sovereign rights with their water. GFB

My best to all of you vets. It is the warrior class that make our life in the U.S. possible. To those folks that served in our armed forces, that were willing to put themselves in harm's way...you are appreciated.

And many people think of "vets" as those that served in combat. "Vets" are all those folks who served in our armed forces...any and all of them are "on deck" to deal with an enemy up close and personal..some end up there and some end up in support. ALL are doing an important service.

I never took advantage of the free meal. Only because I never knew it existed. Ive talked about it on the treehouse several times, but in day to day life, I never tell anyone about my time in the Marine Corps. I don't know why. I never served in combat. I did serve during a time of war. I wonder why I wont talk about it with pride? I sort of think Im ashamed that I wasn't deployed overseas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ists-stencil-9-000-bodies-Normandy-beach.html

article-2429903-183155D900000578-777_634x422.jpg

Tucker,
You should not be ashamed of anything. I served in the Army and was only involved in Peace keeping in Haiti. I am proud for serving. When we signed up, we gave the gov't a blank check for our lives being on the line, that is what matters. Many people do not know what it means to have served.

:lol: Ft Bragg has a Dennys :lol:
We have a shitty Burger King and now a Subway...
No stop lights though....

Happy Vets day....

Took Rob for a free coffee at our little expresso house today... No We have no Starbucks :lol:

Back