echo cs-450p 3/4 wrap ?

ch74

TreeHouser
Started this thread to ask all the wise men out there about a 3/4 or full wrap handle bar setup for the echo. Maybe one i could modify to mount on the cs-450p. Any help will be much appricaited.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
:lol:... i know, but the more i look around the more i see husky n stihl talk...

If the 450 runs anything close to my 450V = 4500 you will like it. I dont care for how the newer 450 is made though. Mine has magnesium case bolt on cylinder to case like pro saws.

Seems to be a little stronger then the OE 346 46cc. Handles, weight feels the same in the hands. JD colors. Even has a manual oiler back up.

Sold. Pending $200 payment as I type.

echo4500jd450v 006.jpg echo4500jd450v 009.jpg

Nice saw, It kinda mirror's mine. The 450p i have is pretty much all alum. even the handle bars. There is very little plastic on mine. That is a nice saw u got there though.

Cursed, i was going to use it for all round saw , kinda like if i had a ms261 but can't afford that...:cry:...so ima port the 450 make a 3/4 wrap and run a 20inch bar/chain. It does run through red oak n pine just fine. Hoping with all the knowledge here someone could point me in the right direction for the 3/4 wrap bars.

Good luck man... I had the same idea, to try to mod a 3/4 for my 440 just because I could never see spending over $100.00 on a stupid handle-bar, which is what they cost! The U.S.A. bars from Madsen's are a great deal, but don't last too long. Don't know if you could tweak em to fit an Echo though.

inbredjed, Thanks, man ill check them out, I had the same idea, buy a handle bar n try to make it fit. But i see what your saying, i would be out 100 bucks if i messed up or couldn't get it to work.:/: I have seen 3/4 wrap on a ms261 a guy name brad snelling had them, if my memory serves me right. But, thanks you again for the input. I also had the idea of buying the 3/4 wrap for the cs590 timber wolf and trying to get them to fit also, i think that would be my better idea so far. Only because its a echo product also.

Cursed, I know where a 026 pro is, but the guy won't come off of it..:(

I had 026 pro 48.7cc and it would pay hell to keep up with my 45cc echo 4500 in the cuts. Remember I said I think this saw could out cut my OE 346's 46cc I had. All stock for stock.

The new echo450 uses some riser to bolt the cylinder. Then a clamshell type crankcase for crank. Sort of like the husky 350 saws. I know nothing about how this new one runs and cuts.

View attachment CS450es_C05812_012214.pdf

Here is the p+c I took pics of the 2nd JD450V I bought to have the yellow parts. Being stuff has went NLA to buy new.

Two ring piston, Nice. Your saw if almost identical to mine . The only plastic on mine is the rear handle assy, pull start cover and upper cowling , And yea it runs pretty good for stock only MM it but i couldn't get all the chit out the muff. It had a cadylitic converter in it and it was off set. Ill do a video for u when i get my 20'' bar n full skip chain for it here soon .. Carlton makes a full skip for it so im going to try it out, i have never used a full skip so i figured what the heck. I was going to tach tune the HIgh jet u wouldn't happen to know the max rpm for that saw wouldya?:occasion5: You seem pretty knowledgeable about saws...

I also have a old 306a and a older top handle poulan i think its a super 25da poulan. If you know anyone interested im kinda lookin to get rid of them both to fund my tree work stuff, in need of rigging gear. porty, whoopie sling, block, etc....

Back