Compost Tea

arborworks1

Treehouser
I've been reading up on brewing and applying CT.
I haven't gotten a clear answer on whether or not diluting a 10 gallon solution in 50 gallons of water would produce any viable results.

How long would I have to let the 50 gallons of water sit to get the chlorine levels down to keep the tea from being spoiled?

As I posted about it before, I didn't dilute anything and got great results. The only reason I came across to dilute, is that if the size of your garden was prohibitive to have enough undiluted to cover the area. I applied the ct as a weekly foliar spray, and any left over I poured directly on the base of the plants with the sediment left over from the mix, as a replacement or supplement to regular watering. It won't burn anything by that point and the plants really liked it. Are you going to aerate the tea? The aerated seemed a lot better than just seeping a stew without it. No unpleasant smell at all as well, and quick.

Chlorine in tap water dissipates pretty quickly, one to two days sitting in the open is generally recommended before starting the tea. Microbe content in aerated tea is a lot higher than just when seeping, the chlorine should have cleared before brewing.

scott's tanks in willits ca has compsot tea brewer systems for just under a thousand dollars........i know im full of weird info that goes to dope growing and all, but these folks up here use the hell out these systems, and get lots of feedback...worth shooting them a call, they have an ad in the trader..its our local rag

Go over to treebuzz, they have a few threads talking about it. If you want, shoot me a PM and I'll give you contact info for a guy whose company is investing serious time and money into CT, and could definitely point you in the right direction. They are starting to brew their own now, so he'd definitely be a good guy to talk too.

Back