Canopy spirits Tree climbing in Gambia

climbernz

TreeHouser
A group of 14 Arborists (including myself), one plumber and a conservation biologist have just recently got back from an amazing week spent in Gambia, we climbed some of the biggest and tallest trees in west Africa and along with this managed to spark a deep connection with the local culture and community. we went along with Robert Knott and Matthew shute who's company "canopy spirit " have fundrasing projects based on helping the locals and who's passion inspired everyone along the trip. I thought i would share a few photos for everyone thats interested. this trip was defiantly and amazing experience.......... not only for the trees but the great bunch of people that attended. everyone learnt a lot about not only climbing techniques but also about the culture and people of Gambia.
heres the photos so hope you enjoy https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10205481203062115&type=1&l=b59357a174

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
haha maybe it was hungry?? haha i can't see any caterpillars mate , maybe I've overlooked that one :?
heres a link to the canopy spirit website , for all that are interested in doing something like this I defiantly recommend https://www.facebook.com/CanopySpirit

haha yeah there was a guy who went around the villages doing street art and that was one of his pieces haha , good spot.

Sweeeeeeeet Jesse!
Might see if I can get myself to that next year. Amazing photos, Ben looks like he had fun too.
I defiantly recommend it bro , its such a blast and the memories will last you a lifetime.
we found it brings together a group of like minded people , who actually put in the effort of going through with the idea and making it reality.
started off a strangers but ended up as a family.

Haha Bens trouble mate stay away from that lad :givebeer:...... it always ends in one of us carrying the other home:drunk: haha

Haaaaaa that's a great mental image.
Might try and hook up with him at one of his srt classes at treekit. I'm back in the UK early June for good so would be good to meet people for contacts.
How's the German lifestyle�� much work?

yeah mate lots of work and a pretty exciting rest of the year ahead.
I'll flick ya a message on fb.

Back