Cabling bag

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
We have been doing quite a bit of cabling lately and I thought I would share what we use as a gear bag. It is actually my old baseball bag from my highschool. It is similar to this, http://www.scheelssports.com/webapp...alogId=10101&productId=44613&categoryId=58661
Mine is about 20 years older but you get the point. Mine holds our gas drill, shorter drill bits, dead ends, and short pieces of rod in the main compartment. Where the bats belong, we keep our longer drill bits that we use for rodding, as well as longer lengths of rod. The bag really works well for us and I just thought I would share. I would also be interested in seeing or hearing what you guys use.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah we a bucket boss as well for all of our eye bolts, cable cutters, hacksaws, etc.

I have two bags. One for steel, one for dynamic. Both are backpacks. The Dynamic one gets used the most. It has a sling up top so I can strap it to the tree when I get in position. The main compartment of the backpack holds about 150' of cable at a time. Then there is a compartment with fid, sharpie, scissors, and blue tape and the chafe sleeve that goes over the eye. That's about it. I feel like I'm forgetting something, though....

we use the rigguy cable nuts, usually have them in a throwline bag with tape and chicago grips. drill is a cordless with a lanyard on, and the come along hangs on a strap. on the ground, everything goes in a rubbermade tote.

we use the rigguy cable nuts, usually have them in a throwline bag with tape and chicago grips. drill is a cordless with a lanyard on, and the come along hangs on a strap. on the ground, everything goes in a rubbermade tote.

How do you like those rigguy things?

i really love them. smaller hole=better for the tree and smaller drill bit=cordless drill handles it no problem. only tools required are drill and bit, cable cutters, chicago grip, come-along, and pliers. and they are cheaper than amon eye through bolts with thimbled cable grips. only downside so far is that they are so low profile and hard to see in the tree that ive had to return to job sites just to reassure the client that yes we did in fact install a cable.

Here's what I carry...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j71PR8cNgzo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like it. It gets the job done quick enough. I think I want to incorporate something like this...

4344.jpg

"
I'd want it built in so I could get into position, clip the backpack on a branch, open the zipper and the tools would be in position there. Right now the "bouquet-o-tools" can get cluttered and tangled sometimes. It has been known to increase frustration.

Heck- I have time. Maybe I need to do it now!

I just noticed that both shoulder straps have holes for the water tube. That means I can have cable out one strap and the chafe sleeve out the other!

Nick, they make little tree hanging kits like that for camping to hold your shaving stuff and such. My sis got me one a few years ago but since shaving is the last thing I care about while camping, I have no idea where it is now but should be easy to find online

Back