Archaic Set-up

Jeez, ease up on the poor girl. She is starting the process after all.

I give her a big thumbs up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Part of me was playing Devil's Advocate, and speaking to the many climbers out there that know how to do it safer & just don't.
Part of it speaks for me & my own pratices >>> climbing safe(r) really does take time & money >>> Am I wrong ?
What DOES it take for people to climb safer ? Volunteering equipment ? Maybe... and thank you very kindly & sincerely to the people who stepped-up. I am humbled by this... & NOT too proud to accept it... It was an experiment.
The free climbing I do in a season that is over 25' can be counted on one hand, and I'm usually not shy to call in help.
Thank you for the reponses. I'tll be handy info, and I don't take it lightly.
There are over 80 tree care co.'s listed in my county alone, & that's just in the Yellow Book.
I am the butthead that stepped up. There are 100 more in your immediate area, and you can't just drive up to their job sites & start bawling them out.
So what's the solution ???
Yes, I am the Safety Nazi. I am also a real person with limited resources that would like to see people in our industry that rely on this for a living to have REAL options on working safer.
Start more threads for new climbers. Give them a BASIC list of equipment & how to use it. The more confusing it is, the less likey that a person will follow through.
Visuals are essential >>> show people how to do it right. Please take the time to post pix.
Thankyou, Housers, for showing me what you're about.
"Free" ads are FREE in your local papers. Offer to show climbers / treeworkers in your area how to do things safe. A simple signed waiver will release you from liability. It'd be nice to make some $$$ on the deal >>> that will come.
Thank you all.

tc, your post is great and all, but the bottom line is you now have a free tottaly up to date saddle for free from your TreeHouse brethren.

Accept it, use it, learn how it makes your job easier, and get on past this.

You have been 'stepping over this puddle' for a long time now.

PS: to those of you who are going to donate a free saddle to TC3, I will give 25 dollars to the one who actually sends a saddle to her.

Hummm, 25 bucks sounds kind of cheap, but it is a token.

I will supply a free flip line, with micro adjuster and biner....

But TC, YOU must make the effort and take us, the TH family's offer to heart.

O.K.?

tc, your post is great and all, but the bottom line is you now have a free tottaly up to date saddle for free from your TreeHouse brethren.

Accept it, use it, learn how it makes your job easier, and get on past this.

You have been 'stepping over this puddle' for a long time now.

PS: to those of you who are going to donate a free saddle to TC3, I will give 25 dollars to the one who actually sends a saddle to her.

Hummm, 25 bucks sounds kind of cheap, but it is a token.

I will supply a free flip line, with micro adjuster and biner....

But TC, YOU must make the effort and take us, the TH family's offer to heart.

O.K.?

I'll add free instruction at http://bostontreeclimbers.ning.com/ and a free place to stay, just get yourself to Boston, we are doing great things here and my wife is used to treeclimbers from around the USA sleeping in our guest bedroom. This goes for all Treehousers........:thumbup:

I dont doubt it, I am honest when I am thinking that good vibes are around the TH. Stumper sent me my first saddle a few years ago, it was an unprovoked act of kindness and I appreciated it then and still do. I think its great that some of us are able to and do offer goods or knowledge to better each others work practices and productiveness. :)

So do we just cross our fingers now?

Dang brendon you gotta be up early if its 6:15 here!

Edit: And I just noticed I am retarded! Wow I shouldn't talk before I wake up.

Back