Another hydraulic question

rskybiz

TreeHouser
I have a Am55 altec and it has been sitting quite alot. Today I went to run things through the movements as sitting kills. There are 2 cylinders for the upper boom. The top one (when folded closed at the fixed end has a recessed hole where what I believe is a former of bleeder? It is blowing hyd fluid on the return1,What is it? 2, how do you get it out? 3, anyone have the parts list?
Thanks Joel

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

Is it a single acting cylinder? A port for allowing air to escape would be included in a single acting cylinder, and when oil seeps by the gland seals it blows out the vent.

I am just guessing! Have not seen one of these. Do you have a pic?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jim dark out but this image is what it looks like. Dual acting as well as they have tubes on the outside for the return flow/pressure.
699425c957959faef006ad28d2b6a35a.jpg

This is a number from the bottom one which seems identical.
173989e167787de5689ca5ee0d24711d.jpg

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

That's where I'm leaning Bob. Can you loosen the nut and tighten the center bolt maybe? Might just be a blown O-ring on the locking nut.

Finally found a breakdown oring with a nylon washer over the top yea a easy fix.
Amazes me the lack of info on the Web for these Altec's they must keep a tight rein on what they release.

Oh and why it blew bucket full of water :banghead: over pressure when I went to put the bucket in front of the truck to grease. My bad for not looking under the cover that must leak:(

Back