200t oiling prob

• Thread starter Greenhorn
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1K
G

Greenhorn

The darn saw just dried up in the middle of a prune job yesterday. Tried running some gas through it and blew all crud off external parts - no luck. I am ignorant as to how these saws even pump oil, any common problems or clean out techniques??

THANKS!!

About the only thing I can think of that might stop it from oiling is if the plastic drive gear stripped out. It's on the crankshaft under the sprocket and clutch.

Jay had to change it out on the rear handle 200 he bought a few months ago. I was able to send him an oil pump and drive gear off a parts saw I had. There might be pictures here on the forum somewhere.

Same thing just happened to mine a couple of weeks ago. I took mine into the saw shop and I think they ended up replacing that plastic gear and cleaned it out. It works like a champ now. I heard its pretty easy to do yourself if you have the right tools and parts. It only cost me around 25.00 for the shop to do it though.

It has happened to me a few times. My saw shop just blows out the line and that does the trick.

Happens pretty regularly. Take the bar off. Take the clutch and needle bearing off, 13mm socket on a buttlerfly gun does it nicely. 3 torx screw in the plastic and you can remove the 2 piece plastic cover. Should fully expose the pump. Just lift it out, I usually run it backwards with my finger to make sure the plug up is not in the pump. MAKE SURE THE OIL CAP IS OFF!! Then blow a little air back through the hose and into the tank. Put it all back together and I usually run a little gas through it just to clean it out. Should oil within a half a minute

I thought the pump pic might be in the rear handle 200 that I started, but not so. Probably not a bad idea in general to access the pump and clean things out every once-in-awhile, clean and grease the bearing. 'If it isn't broken' theory does apply, though.

I'll take some pictures in a few days if the parts get here .I ordered a used crankcase for one of Toms' 200's that suffered the same fate as Humpty Dumpty .If anyone whats any special shots for future reference speak up .

Back