I'm joining the circus!

We knew a guy (kind of an older freak type). Owned an old apt. bldng. in Brattleboro. Got way into dance and was fascinated by Trapeze. He bought a Circus quality one (nicely made of Stainless) and the only place he had any height clearance to install it was in the stairwell.

When he worked out on Trapeze he first had to lock the lower entry door , then use the upper landing to get on it. Guess he almost smashed someone before adopting this safety procedure.

I have some old photos somewhere. I will endeavour to dig them out and scan them.

I have quite fancied taking my kids to circus school training. Unfortunately there are not enough days in the week at the moment.

Maybe when things settle down a bit I will find something for my boys.

Cool stuff here, and great stories!!! I've never participated, but am a fan. Aerial dance is pretty big around here. Interesting to hear about the lifestyle.

We're going to this show on Friday nite, can't wait!

https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/luzia

I have not been to a strip joint for a long time.

Some of the videos I see on the internet have these poles in what look like dance studios.

Was it art first and then became the staple of the college student paying her way through nursing school, or the other way around?

We knew a guy (kind of an older freak type). Owned an old apt. bldng. in Brattleboro. Got way into dance and was fascinated by Trapeze. He bought a Circus quality one (nicely made of Stainless) and the only place he had any height clearance to install it was in the stairwell.
That's funny, I just did some removals for an 87 year old gentleman who had a homemade trapeze rig in his yard. His son said Dad worked on the trapeze every day until a few months ago when he got pneumonia. Pretty amazing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Everyone knows the 'ballet' is art. :drink:

I started doing this mostly because it looks like so much fun and my girlfriend was into it. But to be honest, the thing I have gained the most appreciation for has been the dancing, aerial or otherwise. 20 years of climbing has made me strong enough to do what these people can do, but I look awkward and clumsy doing it because I don't move gracefully. I've started taking ballet lessons (only in the winter though), and it's helping, but I'll never make it look as good as the performers do.

Back