How'd it go today?

The day is starting off just grand. I tell the guy driving the chip truck that we are going to drive past the job to check on how we need to set up. Instead of doing what he was told, he whips in the driveway and pulls right across the front lawn and backs up to the tree. The ground is hard as can be but we are supposed to be working in the ROW,not for the PO. I just got done getting my ass chewed for someone else not listening.

Idjit obviously...hopefully a rare occurrence. Otherwise, not paying attention to details can get someone hurt.

And you...just don't sit down for awhile...the sting will pass.:D

Over and done with now. No big deal. Just wasn't great right out of the gate.
Giving a house a bit of breathing room from the woodline trees now. Also have to do the second phase of rehabbing a couple of crab apples that one of our guys butchered a few years ago. I would've rather my boss removed and replaced them. They were hat racked something fierce

Well for those who have been waiting on my rope horse update........lol.

The big Nugster is going strong with padded shoes. Three times under saddle and two of those running live steers at the practice pen. If he continues to show sound I'm entering my first 'real' roping on Sunday. It's for beginners and isn't even timed, works on some sort of a points system based on catching/completions. But it is a series with buckles at the end! I don't think I stand any sort of a hope in hell but you have no hope at all if you don't even go out and try right?

Good to hear he's going strong.

On other news I almost looped my alpine magnum....Thing caught a grab and jumped about 6-7 feet up in the air.....I gave a little Yelp as I watched trying to keep my hands on the farking thing. The Latin carpenters inside just kinda shook their heads.......

Could it conceivably attack you in that type of scenario? That would be gnarsty

That's crazy Deva,lol lil too,I never imagined the thing could get airborne!

Awesome Justin 👍,smash it brother!

I'm sick with some garbage my kids brought home from school. Watched 2 seasons of Sons of Anarchh since last night.

Yeah....Wasn't expecting it. Just too aggressive of some teeth and walked/raced right out of the bowl of the stump....shot right up.....

Cory if my hands would have lost contact I would have just ditched the grinder and ran......but that somersaulting 3120 with a 12 inch grinder wheel at the end would have fun ked some shat up......Anyhoo...back to normal programming.

I got some of these DMM swivelling swivels for my bridges. Now just deciding on the optimum configuration...ahh love a rainy day to play about with new stuff.
I am sitting on the couch in my harness, bits of hitch cord, biners, my HH, a set of Allen keys...I think that officially makes me a tree tragic

Attachments

• IMG_20160930_113705.jpg
    IMG_20160930_113705.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 44
Back