Tree felling vids

Nice vid. Just crazy how many dead trees are in the background.

Youtube lets you use copyrighted music now?
Anyone can challenge their restriction on the use of copyrighted music with the "fair use" clause.. its OK as long as you;re not making any $ off the videos... that's my understanding as of the last time I checked.. I have a couple dozen with coyrighted music.. used to be that most copyright owners would get a piece of youtube revenue for anything that their music played in so the publicher would get paid directly from youtube.. BUT WMG (warner music group) ended up not wanting to play by those rules so anything with WMG music needs to be challenged with the disclaimer...
I have it somehere on my computer and its easy to look up under "fair use"..

I had a longer version of this with more cutting and chainsaw and stuff, but it seemed like too much. . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ugeCFp5qEQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers

I had a longer version of this with more cutting and chainsaw and stuff, but it seemed like too much. . .

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ugeCFp5qEQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers

NIce cutting... you have it dialed in.... good falling skills are a really huge factor for productivity and safety... reminds me of me...

Grendel,
Thanks for the video! I do have a question, I noticed you brought up your safety line and would recinch it to the tree as needed. Is it acceptable to use the carabineer like that or would that be considered a type of side load? I have thought about doing it that way.

Thanks.

24" all day long. It'll take care of 90% of the trees in CT. :drink:

I used to use 20" mostly and one day it dawned on me, why should I bend over to work so much?

Grendel,
Thanks for the video! I do have a question, I noticed you brought up your safety line and would recinch it to the tree as needed. Is it acceptable to use the carabineer like that or would that be considered a type of side load? I have thought about doing it that way.

Thanks.

It is a type of side load, and a calculated risk. You want to make sure you're orienting the gate so it does not grate against the tree. There are lot's of situations where the smaller diameter of the anchor would lead to excessive side load, and therefore be unsafe. On a nice, uniform, relatively large stem, I don't see it as an issue.

Cheers

Great video, Sam. Really enjoyed the pace your editing gave it. Not manic, just purposeful and efficient. Reminded me of some of Stephen's work. Love the mega chip bath you got! :thumbup:

One little thing: please wrap that left thumb; I'll sleep better! :)

Back