Instagram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That looks kinda decent.

Um, Butch? Anyone with eyes, ears, hormonal function out there? :/:

Nah afaik, wild orcas haven't killed people. Captive ones have.

True. But don't look to much like a seal or a moose, or you never know?.........

Copy pasta:

Killer whales (or orcas) are powerful predators capable of killing prey much larger than humans, such as leopard seals and great white sharks. They have also been recorded preying on usually terrestrial species such as moose swimming between islands.

Leopard seals are formidable. Orca vs Moose?? Epic!!

Well they'll pick off small seals like appys I think. So I don't think they'd mind most of us. Maybe not a boney sucker like yourself. :P

Good question, idk.

I wonder if it's something to do with clothing like wetsuits throwing them off or something? Synthetic. It's hard to believe an apex predator like that just gives us a pass because it 'likes' us.

No doubt many orcas have encountered many humans over the centuries who weren't wearing wet suits. Of course records probably go back 100 years or so, maybe humans got blitzed by orcas back in the day.

True! It's a curious thing. I mean they take out great whites, a human would be nuttin, splashing around like a wounded duck. There must be some kind of reason?

Back