The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 285K
Lol I’d like to have a few dogs at least 2, but When I say dogs I mean real dogs that can do things! My wife has a little Maltese and I consider him a pet but idk about a dog... max was a great dog but he literally slept 22 hours a days, got up twice a day to eat and shit that was it! There were mornings where he wouldn’t even get up I’d have to wrestle him out of his cage or flip him off his bed and he’d still just lay there I’d have to drag him by his legs lol. SO lazy but cool in his own way but I have 250 acres of woods in my backyard so my next dog for sure will be ready and eager to get outside

My dad sent me some cool pics and story:

Ingo, a Belgian shepherd, and Poldi, a one-year-old owlet, share a very special bond which is evident in the following photos.

For years, photographer Tanja Brandt has made it her mission to capture magnificent photos of animals and wildlife. Recently, the German artist found a new challenge when she photographed the unique bond betweentwo unlikely friends: Ingo, a Belgian shepherd, and Poldi (Napoleon),a one-year-old owlet. The owlet canine have a special “protector-protected” relationship and that their affection towards each other couldn’t be any more evident. Ingo lovingly guards Poldi, who apparently “doesn’t know how to live free.”

The owlet hatched two days after his six brothers and sisters, therefore, has always been very vulnerable due to his small size. Comparatively,Ingo was raised to by a family of strong, and oftentimes ruthless, police dogs.

IMG_1481.JPG

Bit on the hyper side.
Have a tendency to overreact and chew a fleeing suspect into itty bitty pieces.
Which is the reason they are not used as K9 dogs here.

That was one cute picture.
The safest owl in the world, probably.

I was a little upset with him when he didn't finish his bacon and egg breakfast but other than that he is good company.

It's sad seeing him get old. I have to help him in and out of the pickup and have to limit our hiking distance. I let him sleep on the foot of my cot and I keep a shirt or jacket on him so he doesn't freeze to death. My wife doesn't even get that kind of treatment....

Thanks guys. I am trying out a new camera that I stole from my mother. She purchased a new Canon rebel t6 and has only taken 2 pictures with it in the last 2 months. I thought I'd break it in for her.

Pretty worried here tonight. My big guy Tanky is missing. My wife took all the mutts around the field for a walk as she does every night and one loop and there were only three dogs instead of four. She came in and told me, I went right out and started calling him and nothing. We've canvasssed the neighbourhood many times, calling out talked to a few people. Nothing, no sign of him. Called the radio stations. All this started about three hours ago.

I figure nothing to do but wait until morning. At 9 I can call dog control and see if somehow in amazingly quick time someone got him and turned him in? Seems my best scenario at this point.

9 years I've had him, eight at this property in which he's never been off the property. Not once in the last five years atleast. Prior to that we used to walk him outside of the property on a leash occasionally. He never goes in a vehicle ever due to motion sickness. Let me tell yah if dog control picked him up, that catcher got more than he bargained for by the time they got to the pound. Guaranteed, both ends uncontrolled.

Sure hoping for the best still.

If he's not at the pound I'm going door to door tomorrow.

IMG_0778.jpg

He's never wandered. Not once. Even if I don't put them in the kennel and just leave them loose as I do ocassionalky neither big dog has ever left the property. They could only leave through the front gate if it was open(as it was tonight) as the rest of the property is to well fenced for them to get through without a major fuss if at all.

He couldn't have gone far. These dogs just don't ever go very far or walk or run much.

IMG_0716.jpg

Wow, man... I sure hope he turns up!!!

No bitches in heat? Or is he clipped?

If so, I can't understand the wandering.

He's not fixed. So maybe he went for some tail somewhere. Never has once though ever before.

Yah restless night for me. Snow is supposed to be on its way too. So could be a interesting morning.

Bad news, try and figure out which way he’s likely to go, and follow that first.

What I mean is, when you took him for walks did you go left or right?

I’ve done many dog searches, you have to start somewhere.

Back