SILKY SUGOI 360 ?? Possible new handsaw ?

Gallagher

TreeHouser
I lost my handsaw up in the tree yesterday. I'm doing line clearing for grid on the right of way. I was up a tiny little maple by a pond, and a unexpected gust of wind caught me by surprise and made me slip up. Lost my saw in the pond , so now I'm going to order one from treestuff today, but can't decide. I think the SILKY SUGOI 360 is the best all around saw. I personally havnt used it but judging by the reviews. Before I spent the 100 on a new one wanted your opinion first. I mainly prune , and use never bring a chainsaw up unless I know I'm doing anything over 2 inches. Do a lot of dead wooding and what not .

Thanks everyone for the advice in advance .

Last edited:
Although my grandson prefers a Zubat...a bit smaller...still does good stuff. And eating Panda in your own bamboo is hard to beat.:D

Attachments

• IMG_0435.JPG
    IMG_0435.JPG
    349.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0437.JPG
    IMG_0437.JPG
    320.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    313.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    372.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    356.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0443.JPG
    IMG_0443.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 114
Hahaha!! Great picture series, Gary.

I also think that the Sugoi is a good choice as an do it all handsaw.

Sugoi iS great for larger branches...I climb with both Zubat and Sugoi.

However, if you are doing lots and lots of pruning and deadwooding (I do too), consider geting the new Stihl 150t. It is so light and nimble you hardly notice the weight on your harness. The narrow pointy little bar is superb...doesn't give as smooth a final cut in some instances but for avoiding arm and elbow fatigue its awesome.

1at the chipper 6" so it gets used alot
1 for the groundies
1 on my leg for climb/prune
2 things I love is the hook/knife tip for desprouting, pulling hangers and ropes and it's freaking aggressive o one more it's fairly easy to sharpen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the input ! Sounds like the exact saw I need. I just got one order from treestuff now I have to place another , starting to be a weekly thing, got to love it though

Probably won't help you this time, but I have found a magnet on a stick to be a great tool. About a 12 inch bar magnet on an extendable handle. About $15 at Home Depot. Mine has paid for itself several times over. Funny how when you get something you wouldn't be without it. Same thing with a metal detector. I remember my Mom being mad when my Dad brought home a microwave for her. She had specifically told him she did not want one. No way no how. When it burned out several years later she couldn't get a replacement fast enough.

Sugoi is a great choice. Mine goes up with me on every climb. It is a little aggressive for most ornamental prunes but I rarely see those jobs anyway.

great pics Gary!!

sugoi sounds like a good hand saw.....x2 on stihls ms 150 as well ;)

so i got a zubat after a samurai sumo
i wanted a demon blade in a smaller package,
something i wouldn't notice on my hip when bumping around a tree.

it's awesome

i looked at the sugoi but wanted a much smaller package after the sumo..

i'm happy as hell
i cut plenty of limbs larger than 2" and don't mind the effort at all.
i suppose the sugoi would fare a bit better but heck with it.

now,
who here sharpens their silky?

Back