The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 288K
Slight exaggeration. She'll be 11 in September....we got her when she was 3. She's the perfect dog, too bad she's fixed....

It's been 24 hours and they've gotten in to it twice over scrounging in the kitchen, so now no dogs in the kitchen when food is about.

Had two dogs at same time since beginning but never brought another younger dog on.

Penny seems depressed. I might be reading too much in to it....they just dogs, they're the first to eat out at sea.

Gonna be a break in period.

We never got another dog when we had Buscuit. Dad did that once and his old dog got run over, they ran all over hell.

We put Biscuit down so she would not have to suffer through a cold winter.
Warmest friggin' winter I remember.

Keep at it Deva, I bet it turns out in the end. Good man takes in another dog when he does not need to.

I think it means they are the first to be eaten out at sea when supplies run tight, before you eat your other shipmates. Pirates code.

Exactly Justin.

Took the dog to the vet got things sorted....with Bandit. Dog really just wants to play as most 1 year olds do.

Doesn't seem food motivated.....though reacts well to praise.....working on crate training.

Penny is slowly warming up. Slowly. :)

1cb7885e11fc6862589515ebaffbc6dc.jpg

Getting closer all the time.....

:cool:

Both my little guys sleep in separate crates overnight. Helps everyone get some sleep and gives them a break from each other too. Works well for us.

My big guys just sleep in my mud room and aren't secured at all. They just know not to touch anything and never set a paw in the rest of the house unless specifically invited. Which is rare, like once a year at Christmas time rare. I love 'me but they are giant stank ass disgusting farm dogs. Only recently have they been offered the mud room for sleeping, if they weren't getting grey in the beards they'd still be outdoors 24/7.

Crates have worked real well for us, last two pups. Only 'til they get solid house trained, maybe 5 or 6 months. After that, no more crate.

Otis letting me know the guys across the street are leaving work. I tell him he barks like a little girl.:lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8YMzzD2XcOQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Im gonna have to bring him some jerky. That's how I won over rusty and rocky, that and letting them pee on my tires lol they always seem to enjoy have long distance conversation with duke via the car tires

Back