How'd it go today?

OMG are they handy. I've used the indoor version countless times when I used to work in factories, but using it for tree work just blew my mind. We finished up and called for pickup by like 12:30, and I felt like should find more things to use it for before it went back just because it was so damned useful.

Noise went away in my truck so headed out to play some music & visit with friends at an annual musicians" house party I go to each year...Had a great jam for about 6 hours...pretty eclectic group...had me working my butt off on the fiddle, but it was one of those wonderful days when I could play well (doesn't happen often enough). Had enough fun to go back tomorrow and do it all again. Might do the afternoon and evening this time.:/:

A small cedar stump, about 22", 20 minutes for a museum property, they have many more, kinda mentioned the tripping hazard for guests walking the grounds should be taken care of...soon!

IMG_20151128_115817.jpg IMG_20151128_122045.jpg

Thanks all.

Sean, yup, still the small wheel, been busy in the shop with work and only been able to do odds and ends on the grinder. Hope to get the bigger wheel made in the new year. Still need brakes, air filter for the engine and some more shields/guards.

As I recall, using a Dosko 'handlebar' grinder a long time ago, locking one wheel (somehow, don't remember the mechanism) allows the operator to pivot the machine on that wheel while the other one rolls. The handlebars make a nice long lever.

Edit:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kkub_P_Yzi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

See 0:26

Kinda like the old style park brake for stake trucks. I'm looking for something like that, generic, adjustable locking hand lever. So far google only shows hand brakes for drift cars. I'm leaning towards having brakes on both sides, be able to walk up and over grindings or inclines.

Jed, drink some water.

Will, do Sean. Sure can't hurt nothin. My life feels like a struggle to battle bi-polar disorder using only alcohol and caffiene alternately. Maybe some plain old water would be straight to the point. ;)

Sidewalled some Cottonwoods today for a commercial property but took no pics. Took this pic of Raineer, which didn't come out. :(
unnamed-378.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EeajgtW225Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Little frozen birch action today. Not a very exciting video but whatever, game film.

Cheers

Back