The MS150 Has Arrived

I remember when Dave first got his 150 and I was watching him deadwood a big pine...I was thinking, "why would I need a smaller saw than a 200t, but you know how your forearms and wrists start hurting after a while when you are dead wooding like he is"? I bought one, and love it! Quiet, light, and maneuverable, and I love how much better I can make nice pruning cuts with it. Only thing I did to mine was open the muffler up, but it works great for trim jobs, and pruning. I am sure that my pain levels will be less when I am an older climber because of this sweet little saw...kind of like rope walking..

That does it, I'm getting one.

Ha, I wondered who would be the first to spot the duct tape!
It was on the ground and I was using a polesaw and a branch fell on it...oopsie, bush repair, I haven't got round to pricing a new one. It's still going great Willard.

I bet the 192 exists to make the premium climbing saw look more financially worthwhile. Kind of like the ugly sister makes her pretty sister seem even prettier when they are compared. I do not like 192s.

I stripped two 100+ firs, plus a smaller one on one tank of fuel, with a 192t. Significantly lighter, less wrist torque, yet can wear a 14" bar.

I rarely pull out my 200t for run of the mill firs.

I want the 200t when I need more speed in the cut, like barber-chair prone trees, and big limbs.

I had to remove 3 large for limbs over a deck, yesterday, and the 192t was my choice. Fine for collar cuts around 6". I had to go about 25' out the limb to piece them out onto a rope.

Looks like 150t is $500, whereas the 192t is under $400.

There is a place for a sharp 192t.

I was given a new 192 once and gave it away. I simply felt it was a poor tool for me. I never found 200Ts to be heavy and bulky. That may change one day but I always thought it felt fine and when using a 192 I felt it was a downgrade that offered me no advantage. An echo climber basically. Atleast the echo climbers for have that asinine pair of choke controls.

Sean maybe if I was in soft wood frequently I could develop a taste somehow for the 192. I work in sugar maples, beeches, ash, oak, etc. It just felt like it was tormented and punished by motoring it through a 12" piece of hard sugar maple.

I used one once, just felt like a gutless 200/201. I understand the 150 and will get one soon. They're small and light.
On softwood, especially de branching spruce and fir whilst ascending on spikes, I want to be able to motor through and let the branch fall flat. In fact on those firs I did on Friday I used the 562 for just that reason.

Yes, Chris. One of those market/ tree dependent things. Like knowing what is hansaw pruning, and when to carry a saw.

My 200t has its place, and gets exercise. Right tool for the tree. Some (very few) removal trees don't even get a top-handle.

I only have a short piece of webbing and a ring for mine, it's not attached when cutting either.

On a side note, why were those trees getting cut down? Too many leaves on the roof?

boss bought a 150t yesterday.

i know it's crazy but, new toy syndrome, it got put to use on a hackberry takedown.

we ran it all day with perhaps 1.5tanks of fuel and used on 12" limbs.

it's sort of like a lazer. i can't wait to use this bugger in an oak prune.

when stihl releases the next one with a chip and a captive nut i'll buy one of my own.

all in all a very positive 1st impression.

Back