Gardening 2015

Ahh......June. What a time!

Thats cool Joel. My wife got banned from the garden last year. Her and the boy kept trampling all my plants. I might have called her a buffalo during a moment of weakness.

She has a good sense of humor thankfully.

Knowing how you feel about buffalo...............................................You must have been pissed off.

It's funny, I grew up on a farm and my Daddy dearly loved it. He wanted me to like it but I have no desire whatsoever to grow a garden now. It may be that I got burned out on hoeing, picking and weed-pulling, I don't know. I'll leave the gardening to my bride.

It will be some where around May to even think about a garden unless I want to grow it under plastic .For the last several years I had started seeds about this time ,tomatoes ,cucumbers etc .I'm just going to buy them this year .

Strimmer ran out of line so forgive the edges. But it has been a decent year for asparagus.
First of the years edibles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 41
I love seeing pictures of your yard and garden Mick, a real work of art. Wonderful.

Asparagus is tricky, we are not often successful in planting or transplanting up here, but it grows like a weed on the river banks.

I have a nice little bed that Grandpa planted about thirty years ago. Still produces.

I just dumped 15 yards of sheep shit on my garden and got it rotortilled in. Getting ready!

I love asparagus, so wish I could grow it here. All our lettuce is done till fall, nice while it lasted! Peas are coming along nice squash and cukes looking good as well. Tomatoes and peppers we have been eating thanks to the small greenhouse set up. Our broccoli was a flop. Picking blueberry and plums currently plums all for wine.

My new wife is a berry lover, so I just planted a slew of strawberries and raspberries.
Strawberries do absolutely nothing for me. I might eat about 5 a year.
Raspberries i like, especially to freeze them for winter consumption.
Warm raspberry sauce over vanilla ice cream is goooood.

Potatoes and onions are in the ground, in a couple of weeks we'll fill the greenhouse with tomatoes and chilies.

Life is good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've cut lots of asparagus right before dusk in the last 2 years. My buddy has 2 acres of it currently producing and another plot that should be ready this year. I stop sometimes and help out.

Here's another couple while you're waiting for spring to arrive in Montana.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 30
It's a shame you let your place get so rundown Mick.

Lol, just ribbing. I really enjoy seeing pics of your place/gardens. Beautiful work.

Thanks for the compliments, I bought an iPad Air specifically for the better quality photos.
Re the wheelbarrow, Fell asleep in one once, surprisingly comfortable!
This is just the start, the garden is really tuned up for an August show.
I'll keep my powder dry on the pics till then, only the veggies till then

2015 Gardening Thread.

I had my Kubota at my house this afternoon so I took a few minutes to prep a little garden patch. It sure is easy to do with a hydraulic box blade.:D

I'm going to plant some basic salad stuff. Lettuce radishes carrots.

I'll have to add a pic later. New phone won't upload to the 'House either.:(

I ripped out some sod that was there and pushed into a couple of holes. Then I put some nice compost/soil mix I had in there. Eventually it will be a much larger area after some regrading, but I just wanted to get something growing. I haven't done any gardening in years.

Now I can't upload from the PC either.:|:

Such trouble with computers and connections, drives me nuts. Sounds like a good plan and use of the grader, I will have to check in.

It's no 10,000 acres like Jim but I got my little patch of garden tilled up Sunday evening. I'll give it another pass and then potatoes, onions, and maybe peas are going in. I also am going to have a section set up for the rhubarb, asparagus, and garlic to go since my wife said to get them out of the flower beds.

Back