The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'll gut my hinge on a pin with no brush on it just to make it pull over easier. Or if I have chance of BBC. We pull so many over with out all that going on. Just depends on the tree.

A gutted hinge means less wood to fold with the wedges. It's very significant with the good back leaners. There is plenty enough weight to lift, no need to had too much force drained by the hinge. Of course, only if you don't have to rely on a full hinge, like with a side leaner.
It's species depends too, the fibrous ones are easier to work this way.

It's species depends too...

True dat. Must be... must be why no one up here (in my tiny, little, provincial circle) would ever dream of doing it.

Sam: Nahhh... that was a boast, man (the vid). Well... never know... I'll get there one of these days. Maybe. If Butch would post his How to Embed Vids, deal again. I wanna show off my Echo. I'm stinkin serious. Ya'll ain't gonna believe nothin till ya stinkin see it with yer own 2 stinkin eyse. Not kiddn ya.

Paul: Sir you are freakin KILLIN it. Lota stinkin metal in that log, eh?

ANDRE!!! Whoa... man. KILLIN it. Hey! A Russian kid might come work for us. Met him on a fancy estate today. Cool kid.

Super pics from super housers!!

Me and Brenden bucked up that over grown feral pig of a pondie...goodness, it was a lot of cutting :|::|:

043.jpg

038.jpg

018.jpg

Brenden.....
034.jpg

Good to see you Andre, wild pics man!
Huge stuff there Paul, it's good that you can come to a gunfight with a tank.
That's a monster Scott! Speaking of coming to a gunfight..... looks like you're prepared;)

All into firewood Scott? Almost seems a waste but I imagine you guys are flooded with logs like that. Of course, who am I to judge.

Rich, yes, had to cut all to firewood size for HO so he could move it with his Kubota tractor which I dont think he will be able to move them rounds...lol

Thanks, yes, was using the landcruiser with a tow strap to keep em from rolling in pond....the struggle was real

Here's how to embed videos;

1) Do NOT copy/paste the page url.
2) Click the "share" button - a embed button will appear underneath/to the left.
3) Scroll down and click the "embed" button - a blue highlighted address will appear.
4) Copy/paste THAT address in your post.

IMG_1963.jpg IMG_1962.jpg
Fun little spruce this morning. It was laying on the guy wires for a communication tower. Had fun. It was to bad I had to do more dead ash this afternoon.

Back