new petzl sequoia harness

McGuarantee

TreeHouser
Anybody out there climbing on the new petzl sequoia? I'm loving mine but can't quite get it adjusted.

I have a size small/medium and i'm 5'9" and 160 lbs. I have way too much pressure on my legs. I've tried the riser strap really cinched up and loose, and everywhere in between. Most comfortable spot is cinched all the way it, but it won't stay adjusted very well like that, it slips out with so much pressure on it.

I've tried adjusting with the leg loops too, and they feel a little more comfortable slightly loose, but can move around and cause...well issues with pinching!

I've only heard of other people loving theirs and raving about the comfort, so maybe there's something I'm missing. Tried watching videos to see where other people's straps are adjusted to, but haven't got any results. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
McGuarantee

I don't have your saddle but thinking out loud with u- can u put a stitch in the straps or tape them maybe to keep them from coming unadjusted? I'm very top heavy so it's hard to find that center of gravity too so I have to do the same by cinching it up and having loose leg straps. I don't prefer it but it is what it is

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
joezilla11, i have thought about a little stitch or maybe a tiny dab of super glue. a stitch would be more versatile though because it could be snipped off. Superglue might be a bit more difficult...

It is quite comfortable though I guess I just have to force the risers to stay fully cinched up.

I'm been wondered bout this one myself.

Where's the "O'l Fart" Burnham? I think he's flying in a new one.

I'll have to look at that.
My old Sequoia SRT is about ready for a replacement.

So I tried a few stitches and they surprisingly pulled out. I agree superglue is a bad option, so i didn't do that. I'm now trying electrical tape and it looks promising. It's so comfy when it is adjusted right, and it's real frustrating when all of a sudden my legs are being squeezed to death. Hope the e-tape works!

what kind of saddle do you wear, joezilla? you mentioned you have a similar problem with it

also, do you think changing the bridge length would help? i'm not sure what size it came with but maybe i can put a longer/shorter one on it if it might put more weight on my back pad and take some off the legs.

I went with a treemotion and yea same hip adjustment that comes loose. I haven't tried taping mine yet just cuz I've still been messing with it trying to get a comfortable position on the leg pads. I just sewed two sets of leg padding together tho so I think I might be set now so far so good lol

Hi all,

did you notice Petzs new, anatomic correctly shaped seat for the Sequoias?

m0s6bi7.jpg

Best regards

Uwe

Thanks a lot, MasterBlaster,

I have been reading here (and in other forums) for some weeks and learned a lotfrom you pros.

Regards

Uwe

Back