Yosemite Views

gf beranek

Old Schooler
I had never been over Tioga Pass before so this trip was especially nice. That's a lot of granite up there. The view looking up Tanaya Canyon from Glacier Point is reflected back from Olmstead Point, looking down Tanaya Canyon toward Glacier Point. It really puts it all in perspective.

There's two shots of Lassen in this batch, and one from the summit of Hwy 40 on the way to Mariposa, to see Stephen.

And then there's that big digger that was parked by the roadside. Serious machine. They are all arranged randomly. I try to put them in order, but they do their own thing.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC00915.JPG
    DSC00915.JPG
    426.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01038.JPG
    DSC01038.JPG
    471.9 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC01063.JPG
    DSC01063.JPG
    403.8 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC01376.JPG
    DSC01376.JPG
    323.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01413.JPG
    DSC01413.JPG
    385.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01599.JPG
    DSC01599.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01629.JPG
    DSC01629.JPG
    413.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01641.JPG
    DSC01641.JPG
    476.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC01693.JPG
    DSC01693.JPG
    425.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01753.JPG
    DSC01753.JPG
    360.1 KB · Views: 47
  • Glacier Point pano 2.jpg
    Glacier Point pano 2.jpg
    373.5 KB · Views: 49
  • olmstead pano 1.jpg
    olmstead pano 1.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 48
I love seing your pictures Jerry.They are so much better than my own and bring back lots of good memories from this summer.
Tioga is pretty spectacular, and not quite so overrun with tourists ( You know, Danes and such!) as the rest of Yosemite.
I went by Lasssen while driving the Motorcycle back to San rancisco.
From 120 degrees in the valley to above the snow line on Lassen in 2 hours, then back down. fun trip:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The pass opened early this year. Drought, you know. Having gone over and back a couple of times on this trip Yosemite shrunk a little bit, for me anyway. My first trip there in 1970 the park seemed to have no boundaries. Now, I have viewed it from practically every corner and it shrunk.

I thank you for these and the others of the redwoods. You take beautiful photos of things I love to view. Nice to see you are getting out also and enjoying these spots with your better half;)

I can't remember exactly what a book stated that John Muir said when he first saw the Yosemite valley, but it was a big exclamation.

“Yosemite Valley, to me, is always a sunrise, a glitter of green and golden wonder in a vast edifice of stone and space.”
― Ansel Adams

Another fotographer in Yosemite!

2 years ago while we were at Yosemite, stopped alongside the road taking in a view, I had the pleasure of meeting John Muirs great, great- grandson. Having read every one of Muirs books when I was in my 20's, it was special to me to meet his great, great-grandson. He gave me a hiking hat. He was an interesting chap to talk to.

The pass opened early this year. Drought, you know. Having gone over and back a couple of times on this trip Yosemite shrunk a little bit, for me anyway. My first trip there in 1970 the park seemed to have no boundaries. Now, I have viewed it from practically every corner and it shrunk.

Aw, stop showing off! Man, I'm jealous as Hell already. I've only been there once fifteen years ago in the height of tourist season, and I'll never forget a thing about it for as long as I live. Now come up here, and shoot our Olympic Peninsula, to make me feel better. :lol: Man we've got some pigs out there, I'm tellin ya! GIGANTIC second-growth in addition to the O.G.

Olympic would be as far opposite the bristlecone pines/White mountains as one could get in the US, would be my guess.
Some of Butch's bayous might qualify for that, too.

But Jed, while you have some VERY nice Doug and Sitka up there, they are midgets compared to the Redwoods/Sequoias.

Not really mystical. He was there promoting his internet business, which is selling outdoor gear and arranging tours. I think the name of it is Range of Light, which is fitting. It is what John Muir called the Sierras.

Olympic would be as far opposite the bristlecone pines/White mountains as one could get in the US, would be my guess.
Some of Butch's bayous might qualify for that, too.

But Jed, while you have some VERY nice Doug and Sitka up there, they are midgets compared to the Redwoods/Sequoias.

Yeah, yeah... :(

Back