The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

This seems like the most appropriate place for a first post. Whats up all, names Brandon. I work at a gas station in a tourist trap town. Decided about a year ago to pursue a career as a climbing arborist after I move to WA this upcoming spring. Since then i've been lurking here and at AS forums soaking knowledge and doing some self taught climbing. Yall seem alot more chill than AS forum(although AS is very entertaining) so Im deciding to hangout here. I promise to post more than once too.. :lol:

Right on Jim. Although ive never actually work with trees, ive already learned a whole bunch from reading and climbing. Enough so that its been time to get involved and accelerate the process.

I found this place while researching chain saws. I was bidding on a 460 on Ebay.

I cut them down but dont climb yet. I bought Gerry's book and a couple of his cd's. I bought a set of used spikes from EMR. I will get in a tree someday.

You came to the right place!

Dang new guy posters be climbing out of the wood work (bad joke for this site, huh?) Glad to see you guys pitching in. Some of the stuff we posts is same ole same ole...but not really. Even if it is stuff folks have seen before it is not YOUR stuff they have seen before. There is a lot to learn and sharing it in a place like this is good for all of us. Even the big time pros that are on here not only post stuff but will comment on the stuff us more common folk post..those comments mean a lot and are often full of the result of their vast experience that they have distilled into good lessons.

So post on and we'll get to know each other...glad to have y'all on board and talking to us.

And FFZero...I took the post-it down...I have conditioned / acclimated myself to how you look! :D

Y'all be safe.

Welcome to the TreeHouse, John! My name is Butch - glad to have you here! Don't be shy to fill out your profile, let us get to know you better.

How did you find us? :drink:

alright, now that im posting in the right place lol: names kyle i work for a residential/utitlity tree company in rhode island. Been a climber for just under a year now. This site is pretty awesome i can tell there are alot of active members that know what they are talking about! I will for sure be checking in alot and sharing pictures and stories with you gentlemen. thank you!

Welcome Kyle! :)
This is a great place to learn and share what you know. Very relaxed, look forward to seeing your pics/videos/stories. :thumbup::D

Welcome Kyle! Great guys here for the most part, just watch out for that Jim fellow. Just kiddin', he's one of the nicest around. Make yourself at home, there's a whole vault full of knowledge locked up in these pages, you just have to sort through the wannabes like me to find it. Some of the true patriarchs of tree work abide here and when they speak, everybody listens.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/97ECZMvbLxg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back