August Hunicke Videos

Randy, fun to hear the background of how you got to David's. He loves to teach (share) things that he is passionate about. I've learned more about different bugs, fish and critters from just having a few interesting conversations with him than I ever did in biology class. I can imagine how rewarding it would be for someone with a 'teaching mindset' to get a hold of a person with the attitude you shared just in the last couple of posts. If I were sharing something I would pray that 51% of the group have a learning apatite just like you.

Jim,FFZero did you ever get my message about a "free", for the price of shipping harness? Check your private messages. Put a tape measure around your waist at the hip bones and around your leg near the crotch. I'll take a picture today or Fri..

Randy, fun to hear the background of how you got to David's. He loves to teach (share) things that he is passionate about. I've learned more about different bugs, fish and critters from just having a few interesting conversations with him than I ever did in biology class. I can imagine how rewarding it would be for someone with a 'teaching mindset' to get a hold of a person with the attitude you shared just in the last couple of posts. If I were sharing something I would pray that 51% of the group have a learning apatite just like you.

Thanks Merle. :)
I honestly can't say enough about how well David and his family treated me. The whole experience was great! :thumbup::D
David really does love to teach and share. I was very much considering staying for the 2 weeks, my schedule just wouldn't allow it.
Other than climbing one tree to install a camera(:P)I was groundie the whole time, but I still learned tons just watching, listening, and
paying attention to everything that was going on.
If I have the opportunity I would do it again for sure. :thumbup::D

Right, Gypologger, that is who I was thinking of. I don't recall, was he ever in the Treehouse?

John joined up a few years back, but didn't stick around for very long. He had been hit in the head by a widowmaker and was posting about it.

Attachments

• gypologger-smash.jpg
    gypologger-smash.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Gypo-Widow%20Maker.jpg
    Gypo-Widow%20Maker.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 67
The video was very cool.....but I think that they not only rig too much stuff( granted the situation might have warranted more rigging than it seemed) but they rig TOO BIG. Making fat spars dance does not appeal to me. Sometimes things let loose. Danger, Will Robinson. Danger.

I like watching people cut big onto rigging.

I dont cut big onto rigging. :lol:

Ive made some 3 o clock cuts before though. Id close my eyes and rev the saw so i dont hear the sound of shit hitting the fan.

FB is preferred by many because it's easy and there are various tree climbing/tree work related groups on there with guys and gals from all over. Everyone has their groups that they're part of so they tend to hang around there. Contrary to what many think, FB is a great tool for keeping in touch with people and putting yourself out there. It's how I've met some great guys who I travel and work with. Social media is a great tool when used correctly.

Thanks for the perspective, RD. So Im wondering why there are various tree work related groups, because peeps didn't like TH, TB, AS, AT etc, so they just formed their own little groups and are happier there than at the .com tree sites? Maybe they don't like a moderator, or do those groups have moderators? Or maybe they feel the groups have few to none jerky folks compared to a .com site?

Do tell, can you give an example of one of the tree work related groups?

Like pretend that you aren't there?

Nah, but if something bad happened like a huge top breaking free, I don't want to watch it happen, dealing with the aftermath will be more than bad enough without being plauged by reliving the vision of it happening. FTR, I don't cut things unless I'm sure it's going to work. But as we all know, sometimes chit happens.

Jim,FFZero did you ever get my message about a "free", for the price of shipping harness? Check your private messages. Put a tape measure around your waist at the hip bones and around your leg near the crotch. I'll take a picture today or Fri..

thats very cool of u mr nelson
good karma:occasion5:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Checking in. . . Hi TH!
For the record. . . I have been on Facebook for years. I have much extended family I keep in touch with there in a closed family group. Plus a lot of church types. There are more and more tree guys linking up there also. It's the forums, Treehouse, Treebuzz, Arbtalk, that are new to me. I never even knew about forums or how they worked until I joined this one. They are a bit harder to use than the Facebook interface. Also, the regulars seem to be a close family and I like being welcomed in but my life is busy enough that I feel some guilty about not contributing as often as The regulars. With Facebook. I sort of just love it and leave it without much conscience. Perhaps because of familiarity. Anyway, mentioning all that for what it's worth. I am currently on vacation in San Diego CA.

This should be better..... ;)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TwFcJkHUYEk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Randy. Proves what I mean though about the interface being difficult for me. ; )
Anyways, y'all, this is one of my simple iPhone videos I have made recently.

Back