Stumper industries low/ hi flow mini mounted grinder

SouthSoundTree

Treehouser
Carl's rep'ing these now.

http://www.compactequipmentstore.co...ucts/copy-of-stumper-industries-220-high-flow

I'm interested in this. More stump jobs keep being requested, and with a new, dependable, higher power machine it might be a good move.

Thoughts and experiences, please.

My new loader will be 14.5 gpm, 32 HP.

The break point between hi and low flow is 15gpm. How does this affect things? Is the Hi flow built tougher, and a couple hundred bucks more? What else is there going?

You could have posted in my thread to build knowledge/opinion in one place.

The only difference between high and low flow is the motor replacement. You'll want the low flow, I'm running the low flow on my excavator which can make up to 20gpm and I have ran it on my track loader at 23gpm, although that shouldn't be a habit.

The main danger with more gpm than rated is back pressure. The usual symptom is a blown motor seal, which is replaceable.

When I get the Boxers in down here I'll be making video of them grinding as quick as I can. The excavator will be easier to see, but the Boxer will likely make more power, weighs less than 1/5th, and is considerably smaller.

The attachment won't compete performance wise with a dedicated grinder with 32hp, but the price, convenience, and higher utilization of the loader makes it worth it to me. I'll be getting my 7015Trx grinder in the next couple weeks; between the two I'm excited about stump grinding again! Even bought gotstumps.com which will be my advertising brand for grinding/removal.

There is another grinding attachment which will outperform the 220 Low Flow, and that is the 38 Special. It has a dedicated 38hp engine going straight to the cutter wheel, which competes productivity wise with dedicated grinder. The downsides on it are that it costs more, the engine has to be ran level +/-25*, and less visibility. An extra benefit on the 220 is that the same grinder can be mounted to mini skids, excavators, or skid steers.

Back