New Guy

Welcome Denver! Sawmilling... Can't beat that till you've got you're own take-down bus. up and running to feed the beast. :rockon:

Sawmills are cool. We hed one next to us for years. Would wake me up at 5 all the time. Had a 6-71 Detroit that powered the big blade. Loud!

They had to start early because the helper had a steel plate in his head and would pass out from the heat much past ten.

Poor old Wendel Neevol.

Hiya Denver
Working at a small sawmill (~30 employees) for almost two years gave me the final incentive to becoming a self-employed arborist!
Got pretty good running a Rosser head debarker. And piling lumber off the green chain. And moving logs with a JD644D.....and I frankly found the whole experience kinda brutal! Owner wanted everyone to go 6 directions at the same time, so the stress level overall was through the roof. Gong show with high turnover.

Sawmills are cool. We hed one next to us for years. Would wake me up at 5 all the time. Had a 6-71 Detroit that powered the big blade. Loud!

They had to start early because the helper had a steel plate in his head and would pass out from the heat much past ten.

Poor old Wendel Neevol.

Gotta hate the steel plate!

Gary: Canucks always say, "Gong Show." Cracks me up every time.

Gotta hate the steel plate!
Sounds like Cyclone Negro, a professional wrestler from the '60s and early '70s. Supposedly he had a steel plate surgically implanted in his forehead and used it for devastating head butts.
I can remember going with a friend and his Dad to the Orlando Sports Stadium as a boy and watching Negro, Jack Brisco, Dusty Rhodes and others. His Dad swore it was all real.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I will get some pics up as soon as I can. And yes our operation is 100mph all the time and in all directions. Seems like it is anyway. I think the best part about it is the stories I get to hear from from a few of the older guys that were there when the place opened up over 50 years ago. Some truly amazing guys that are impossible to match today! I have several of my own just wish I had a go pro to go along with some of them.

Sounds like Cyclone Negro, a professional wrestler from the '60s and early '70s. Supposedly he had a steel plate surgically implanted in his forehead and used it for devastating head butts.
I can remember going with a friend and his Dad to the Orlando Sports Stadium as a boy and watching Negro, Jack Brisco, Dusty Rhodes and others. His Dad swore it was all real.

Now THAT is just plain awesome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Got a few pics up on my profile. There from my old I phone about a year ago. Cant seem to get this windows phone I have now to act right. When I get it figured out Ill get some up of the mill and logging crew.

Tapatalk app works easily for pictures. There is a microphone icon for voice-recognition, or I tend to use my desktop keyboard.

Back