How'd it go today?

Good deal, Sean. If it starts tapping at idle the phasers and lifters aren't that hard to change. My 2002 5.4 has 175K miles and still runs like new.

No AC. Basic.

Just painted my Superduty and stumper trailer rims. Ghetto fabulous... Rims out--shining what's riding on them. Haha 1496532842066-1421221381.jpg

You are right, Jay. Adrian grew up right here, and gained most all of his skills as we watched and coached.

Carl is more than a little in that camp too, now that I think about it.

And don't forget Little Nick. All the younger guys here have impressed me in their vision, perseverance, and work ethics. True rare commodity in this age,

I love watching people grow and succeed. There're truly some inspiring stories here.

Guy from around the corner came over today & asked me to sharpen the chain on his saw...no problem I do it for several farmers around here... I take a look at his saw ans ask him what he'e doing with it....wait for it...cutting RR ties he's pulled out of the ground:banghead: Didn't bother removing what soil he could off the outside either, not that that would matter a whole lot...

Needless to say I didn't put in the ultimate effort on making sure it cut great, and I sent him home with a couple old carbide skill saw remodeling blades to use up.:|:

Oh a couple others come to mind as well......

Grendel.. Sam.. He has smoothed out and does some really cool solo jobs and rigging these days... Just sayin

You might think I am being funny... But August too....
He has really embraced a lot of new tree tools and tech, mastering them. Not something old school climbers find easy to do.

I put a couple of hundred miles on the BMW today, then packed it for our company excursion to the Swiss/Italian alps on thursday.
I wanted to see how much of the stuff I wanted to bring, that I actually had room for.
I've been driving a couple of hours every day for the past week after work, to get in shape for the 10 hour straight trek down through Germany.
Sitting still on a bike for that long, going really fast on the Autobahn sure makes one aware of all one's old injuries.
So a bit of practice is a good thing. P1050553.JPG

Nice looking bike. Our company outing is just my crew plus the mechanic when we've had a rough week and decide the boss owes us lunch.

I got a call last week from a friend that owes me a small amount of money. He told me he didn't forget, just had had a lot going on. I said no problem and agreed that he had more important things to deal with. But he tells me he will catch up to me over the weekend. He also tells me that he's selling his truck and camper. I said I'm interested and I'll be up Sunday. No returned phone call or text yesterday. I'm a bit agitated now. And my job today is at an apartment complex where no one answers the doors until you set up behind a vehicle and they then want out:X. Looking forward to some afterwork customizing of my trailer.

New starter for chippy. Ignition solenoid is hanging up too, so I did some digging on that as well, it's a little marine one that they use on Mercruisers. Ordered.

18983367_1391823220853615_1106511289_n.jpg

18985486_1391823250853612_553823436_n.jpg

18945414_1391823287520275_1157217681_n.jpg

18944615_1391823300853607_1662593520_n.jpg

I dig the before n after pics!

Funny, those green and yellow colors in the first pic remind me of mahi dolphins ( I get a lot of fishing pics on IG :lol:)

Chicks hatched yesterday in the Robin's nest between ladders hung on the garage. This afternoon, while playing fiddle for the dog on the porch, I noticed the Cardinal nest in my cedar was making plenty of healthy/hungry noise. Been a great Spring here but very dry.

Climbed a dead spongy birch today...tons of shroomz.

My tie-in failed as I expected it to...but was funny that my tie-in held the piece from crashing on the deck.

Don't trust nothing out there...for too long. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back